Bed and frame inquiry

After some research I believe I am going to purchase the SleepEz organic 10" soft/medium/firm mattress. I am 5’7 about 130 lbs and my partner is 5’3 about 100 pounds. I’m a back/side sleeper and she is a side sleeper. Would this choice work for us? What is the difference between the 9" and 10"?

I also wanted to get a bed frame, but want to make sure it is compatible with this mattress and don’t know where to begin. Do you have suggestions or recommendations? I would love a minimalistic feel.

Thank you in advance!

Hello Bilbono

Thank you kindly for reaching out to us! Based on the information you have provided, I agree that a Soft over Medium over Firm configuration is the way to go for both you and your partner. The soft Talalay layer on top will provide the pressure relief you will both need as side/back sleepers, while the medium over firm Dunlop layers below offer gradual support.
The only difference between our 9" model and our 10" model is the thickness of the top contour layer. The 9" model includes a 2" contour layer on top, whereas the 10" includes a 3" contour layer. If you had these two models setup side by side with the exact same configuration, the 9" model would feel slightly firmer due to the thinner contour layer.
Latex mattresses require a solid and sturdy foundation that has no spring or ‘flex’ to them. This can include but is not limited to slatted wood foundations (slats cannot be more than 3" apart), solid platform foundations or even electric adjustable bases. If you are interested in checking out our slatted wood foundations, here is a link to our foundations page: https://sleepez.com/products/natural-wood-foundation/.
Should you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out anytime. Thanks again!

SleepEZ
480-966-8731

Thanks for the response! So if I ordered the foundation, that would go on a metal frame? Are there any specific frames I should be looking for or would the foundation work for any one that supports a queen sized bed? If I got something that already had a base or slats, would I be able to put the foundation on top of that?

I was looking at platform beds but am having trouble finding one that has less than 3" difference in slats. Most say “around 3"” would that be fine? I’m afraid of finding a platform bed that is not compatible with the mattress and cutting into the effectiveness. Do you have any specific suggestions of where to look?

Again, thanks so much!

Hello Bilbono

Thanks again for your inquiries! Should you choose to purchase our slatted wood foundation, most standard metal bedframes will work just fine. Here is an example of a metal bedframe that is ideal for our foundations: Amazon.com. Should you decide to go with a slatted foundation with slats more than 3" apart, I recommend placing a 3/4" or thicker ply-wood over the slats. This will essentially transform your foundation into a solid platform base. Should you decide to purchase a head/footboard bed frame with slats already in place, I recommend inquiring with the manufacturer of that frame as to whether or not you can place a foundation on it. Most slatted head/footboard frames do not require a boxspring or foundation.

Please don’t hesitate to call our office as well should you have additional questions or would like to discuss further. We are available 7 days a week from 10am to 6pm MST.

Have a fantastic weekend!

SleepEZ
480-966-8731