Best mattress for someone with shoulder and hammocking issues

Hello,

Thank you for your willingness to be active on this forum! The options in Canada are not as robust as the US, so we appreciate your presence.
My wife and I have been through quite a mattress journey (>10 beds in 3 years) and have failed both “firm”, “medium”, and “plush” mattresses. This has made mattress shopping difficult. We have failed both online and in person shopping. While we didn’t mind the initial feel of memory foam (sinking in), the temperature regulation issues are significant (despite optimizing the bedding and mattresses protector) and as the memory foam heats up it created some spinal alignment issues… We almost always have difficulty with spinal alignment with our shoulders not sinking in enough. This had lead us to try more plush memory foam/hybird mattresses, however this also resulted in hammocking and significant pain issues. We were looking at your Presto latex mattress, do you think this would work for us? Any other options you think we should consider?

In terms of the issues I mentioned, would Dunlop vs Talalay latex make a difference?

Details: Wife and I on the lower end of BMI (less than 120lb) and have small waists. We are mainly side sleepers.

Thanks,
Tim

Hi Tim2Sleep,

The Classic Presto Customizable Mattress is our best seller and what we recommend for several reasons:

• It’s Customizable: You can rearrange the layers to change the firmness and support options and tweak the comfort to your personal preferences
    [li]Individual layer can be purchased at cost in the first year for even more comfort options
    [li]Optimal mattress maintenance: By flipping the inner support layers annually, you renew and revitalize the entire mattress, whereas rotating a traditional mattress only helps maintain the top layers
    [/li]

Talalay is a softer latex than Dunlop. In our Classic Presto we include a 2" Dunlop layer and also a 2" HR polyurethane foam layer. The HR foam is less dense than the Dunlop and feels like a cross between a Talalay and a Dunlop latex. In most cases our customers find the comfort they seek with the layers provided in the mattress. We have now started selling 100% all natural Talalay latex layers. In the future if ever you find the Presto too firm, some customers have resolved this issue by placing a 2" 100% Natural Talalay layer on top (as a topper) of the mattress and have found the comfort they need with this setup.

Thank’s for contacting us and please let me know if you have anymore concerns,
Al the best!

mario