Bowles mattresses

Has anyone had experience with a Bowles mattress? They are made in Indiana and supposedly better quality than nationally advertised brands. If anyone has any experiences to share, I would appreciate it. Thanks very much.

Hi mkkondrath,

You can read some comments about Bowles Mattress in post #3 here and a forum search on Bowles (you can just click the link) will bring up more information and feedback about them and the quality/durability of the materials in some of their mattresses as well. I would make sure you know specifics of all the layers and components inside any mattress you are considering (see this article) because regardless of which manufacturer makes it or the name of the manufacturer on a label … outside of how well it matches your needs and preferences in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) a mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of the materials inside it and like any manufacturer some of their mattresses may be worth considering and some wouldn’t.

While other people’s comments about the knowledge and service of a particular business can certainly be very helpful … I would always keep in mind that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and I would be cautious about about using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) or review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because most consumers have little knowledge about mattresses and mattress materials or how to assess the quality or durability of the materials in a mattress and any mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (even if they are in a similar weight range). In other words … reviews in general won’t tell you much if anything about the suitability, quality, durability, or “value” of a mattress for any particular person (see post #13 here).

Hopefully you’ve already read the mattress shopping tutorial which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” and PPP that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

While I can’t speak to how any mattress will “feel” for someone else because this is too subjective and relative to different body types, sleeping positions, and individual preferences, sensitivities, and circumstances … outside of PPP and how well you sleep the most important part of the value of a mattress purchase is durability which is all about how long you will sleep well on a mattress. This is the part of your research that you can’t see or “feel” and assessing the quality/durability and useful life of a mattress depends on knowing the specifics of its construction and the type and quality of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label (or how a mattress feels in a showroom or when it is relatively new) so I would always make sure that you find out information listed here so you can compare the materials and components to the quality/durability guidelines here to make sure there are no lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress that would be a cause for concern relative to the durability and useful life of a mattress before making any purchase.

If you can post all the specific layers and components of any of their mattresses you are considering on the forum (from top to bottom) including the density of any memory foam or polyfoam and the type and blend of any latex I’d be happy to make some comments about it or help you identify any potential weak link in the materials that could compromise the durability or useful life of the mattress.

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d also be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area as well.

Phoenix

Phoenix,

Thank you for your comprehensive responsive! You are amazing.
If possible, I would appreciate any reputable retail places you are aware of in zip code 46208, Indianapolis, IN.
Thanks again, very much!