Buying mattress online experiences

We live in Twin Cities, MN. I have looked at the list of recommended local mattress manufacturers in Twin Cities and it is small.
I want to try out Latex mattress that have Dunlop and Talay Latex.
Original Mattress factory does have Latex mattress but it uses something called 6" Talatech® Talalay Latex Foam Core.
I will visit them and try it tomorrow.
How do I try out other types of Latex or hybrid mattresses?
Can I just go to a chain like Home Store and try out Latex mattresses they have. Problem is that they don’t disclose the construction details.

I am comfortable buying things online. There are many good recommendations here including sleep ez, brooklyn bedding etc.
However I am having a very hard time buying a mattress online without trying something similar at a local store.

Hi newkidontheblock,

I originally replied to our other post but I deleted it and changed it to here.

In case you haven’t read it … post #1 here has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best choices (and help you eliminate the worst ones which can save you a great deal of time). It also includes a list of the members here that sell online and several of them sell latex mattresses with a wide range of designs and options.

Some of the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Minneapolis / St Paul area are listed in post #2 here and a number of them sell latex mattresses.

There are several retailers or manufacturers on the list that carry latex mattresses … both Talalay and Dunlop … and a few calls will give you several places to visit.

Many chain stores or mainstream stores (including Ashleys) don’t carry latex mattresses. In many cases they may have a mattress that a salesperson “calls” a latex mattress that has a few inches of latex buried in the middle of the mattress. In some cases they won’t ven know the difference between latex and memory foam.

I would avoid any store where you can’t verify the type and quality of all the layers and components in the mattress or te salespeople aren’t comfortable talking about the specifics of the materials in their mattresses…

I would take your time as much as possible and make sure you do some careful testing because each person has a unique set of needs and preferences based on their body type, sleeping positions, and on all the other variables that can make one mattress “perfect” for one person but completely unsuitable for the next. A mattress purchase will have a bigger effect on your overall wellbeing over the next 10 years or so than almost anything else you can buy so it’s important IMO to “do it right” :slight_smile:

Phoenix