Can I use a Saatva 11.5 inch extra firm coil and foam mattress on my Murphy bed?

I am looking to buy a Murphy bed with 2 rows of wood slats that are bended UPwards. May I use the Saatve coil and foam hybrid on these slats? or does the foundation have to be flat or even with flat wooden slats?

Thank you.

Hi beningoglia.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum. :slight_smile:

To quote Phoenix… I don’t have personal experience with a Murphy Bed but post #23 here and post #64 here may be helpful. I would tend to focus on an innerspring mattress (with helicals joining the coils rather than a pocket coil) or a mattress that has a firm and fairly “stiff” polyfoam support core but an innerspring would most likely be the better choice.

In general, any mattress can be used for a Murphy Bed as long as it is the adequate height and weight for your particular set up. I would definitely recommend speaking to the retailer or manufacturer about their thoughts on how appropriate this mattress is for your Murphy Bed.

I will also leave this note with you… I would follow the same steps in the tutorial post here as I would for any other mattress that wasn’t in a Murphy bed to choose a mattress that was the best match for you in terms of PPP, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

NikkiTMU