Casper vs Tuft and Needle

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations between the Tuft and Needle 10" mattress versus the Casper mattress?

The Casper is nearly twice the price and appears to be a bit softer. Tuft and Needle is very cost effective and a bit firmer. Tuft and Needle has been around longer, but both companies are fairly new. Warranty on the Casper is better. Amazon reviews of the Tuft and Needle are amazing. Casper seems to be extremely heavily marketed, although the Tuft and Needle seems to be close behind.

From a cost perspective, I am more happy with the price of the Tuft and Needle, although I am nervous about the firmness. I am nervous about the price of the Casper. I am currently making due with an Aerobed air mattress, which I do not like.

I’d rather buy one mattress and not have to return/donate it. Any thoughts or recommendations? I am extremely frustrated with the big brands. Prices seem outrageous and the sheer number of options are disconcerting.

Also, I am 25 years old, 5’10" and 240 lbs (used to be skin and bones at 180 lbs). Looking at a full size and I tend to be a side/stomach sleeper. Mattress will be on a Room and Board Parsons bed with platform boards. My extra weight makes me think the T&N might be better, but I do not know if it is too firm/not as well made.

Hi echo,

A forum search on Casper Tuft Needle will bring up all the forum posts that mention both of them them but I would also be aware that these are very different mattresses and aren’t really “apples to apples” comparisons. I would also be aware that warranties aren’t an indication of the useful life of a mattress (see post #174 here).

There are also other options that are available to you in similar budget ranges that may also be well worth considering also that would also be very good quality/value choices.

If you haven’t read it yet I would start with the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices … and know how to avoid the worst ones. Post #13 here also has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

The end of post #4 here and the posts it links to also include some of the better lower budget online options I’m aware of as well.

Phoenix