Comfort Issues with Recently Purchased Nest Alexander Signature Hybrid

We recently purchased a Nest Alexander Signature Hybrid Medium. We have been sleeping on this for about 30 days and the mattress is causing lower back pain for both my wife and I. I am experiencing shoulder pain with this mattress. We went with the medium because we are both primarily side sleepers. Previously we had a Stearns & Foster Estate Monika Luxury Firm that caused me to experience hip and leg discomfort in trying to get to sleep but no lower back pain or shoulder pain experienced at all. My question - I have the option to switch out the comfort layer of the Alexander Signature to a firm, but am wondering if the overall construction of the mattress and the support layers may also be an issue. Could it be this is just not the right mattress for me.

Thanks

If the pain is caused by your shoulders not having enough support (i.e., sinking too much), then maybe the switch could help.

In my experience testing the Nest organic latex in-store two days ago, switching from medium (which was too soft for my taste) to firm put too much pressure on my shoulders when I was on my side.

Before I mentioned this specifically, the salesman said he felt the firm could be a little much for the shoulders, so I was not alone in that opinion.

Of course, this isn’t an apples-to-apples comparison, and everyone’s tastes and needs are different.

(BTW, I’m 5’11", 196 lbs, male. I’m mainly a stomach sleeper, but sometimes move to my side.)