Comparing Natural Fiber mattresses

I’ve been working on trying to find the best mattress for me and I’m heavily considering the brand Winstons. I was wondering if there are any mattress experts out there that can help me understand the differences between these different mattresses:

Obviously the more expensive ones use additional types of natural fibers but what I’m really asking is how much if any of a difference does that make? I’m trying to figure out how much money I really should spend and if for example their top end mattresses was only 5% better than the one thats half the price then thats an easy choice but the company probably won’t tell me that directly. Any help greatly appreciated!!

1 Like

Hi ski23.

I’ll add some thoughts here and hopefully our experts will chime in as well! When it comes to luxury components like these mattresses, adding just one or two additional luxury fibers can create a pretty large price disparity.

Natural fibers are used in some of the most expensive mattresses in the world and some of them cost in the tens of thousands of dollars. This is due more to the methods of construction than the materials themselves. These materials, properly constructed, can easily have lifetimes of over 20 years.

Seeing as the higher end models of this brand include a lot of hand teased components, you’re likely paying for the cost of production/time spent on the hand teasing process.

In terms of comfort, that’s something I’m unable to speak to since I’ve not tried them! And of course, comfort is subjective. The Winston does look like a cloud though…I wish I COULD try it!

NikkiTMU

1 Like

Yea I’ve been discussing back and forth with Winstons and they seem to know their stuff. Currently looking at the Aura mattress

Hi again,
Some of it depends on what you are looking for, of course - but one of the things that stuck out to me is the addition of horsetail. That makes the mattress quite a bit more springy and durable. It is a very resilient fiber. Silk and alpaca will give a softer, more luxurious feel - but again, it depends on what you are looking for. Wool often tends to be a bit firmer, so, simplistically, the wool may make your mattress a bit more firm, but also provide some great properties like temperature regulation and breathability.