Considering Flobed Vzone

Full disclosure; I posted this exact same thing in Sleep EZ’s section of the forum, but since I am trying to be as thorough as possible (and I just found out about Vzone!) I wanted to post here as well in order to get your feedback. Please let me know if this is frowned upon here at TMU!

It seems that your Vzone mattress would be exactly what I am looking for. The adjust-ability is awesome! AND, for a full 20 years?! Incredible.

I am concerned as to how using a cooling pad such as the the Eight Sleep I mention below would effect the overall performance of the Vzone mattress. I am pretty much set on using a cooling pad, so if it would not work with the Vzone mattress, that would be a deal breaker for me.

I haven’t been happy with a mattress since I don’t know when, but my current journey began about 8 years ago when I decided to upgrade to a Saatva mattress.

We started with the Luxury Firm (because, well “support”). I was NOT happy with it at all, WAY too firm! We exchanged for the Plush Soft (yeah, right…“soft”), their softest mattress at that time. This was still too firm for my liking and I told them so. They were kind enough to send out a topper (foam, not latex) for no charge. The topper helped immediately and I could finally sleep without massive pressure points and an achy back.

However, after a couple of years, the topper lost it’s supportive qualities and I was back to where I started. I contacted Saatva, and they were kind enough to send out another topper for no charge! This kept me happy for another couple years, but when I called this time, no more free toppers…they wanted $325!

I then purchased a 3" “soft” latex topper from Sleep On Latex (due to recommendations from this forum) and I have been pretty happy with the latex over (admittedly worn out) Saatva foam topper over Saatva mattress for the last 2 years or so. But now, the mattress itself is breaking down and there is a definite divot on both sides (can’t be flipped). So I am now in the market for a new mattress.

We have a King bed and would want to stay with that size. My wife doesn’t care about any of this…she could literally sleep on anything. lol I am 6’5" / 250# and she is 5’9" / 160# and we are both side sleepers for the most part. We are considering one of your “split” mattresses, mostly for the isolation but the different firmness of both sides is probably handy considering our vastly different weights.

I am a very hot sleeper, I suffer from terrible night sweats (have seen my doctor about it multiple times, and there seems to be nothing wrong with me). I do plan on purchasing some sort of active cooling pad regardless of which mattress I purchase (currently leaning towards the Eight Sleep “Smart” mattress cover).

I have read the tutorial here on the forum, so I consider myself fairly educated in the basics now, but would like to know after reading my story what your recommendations would be!

Thank you in advance!

Bump…

They are quite responsive with email and phone so you might try those as well if you don’t hear back quickly on here.

Thanks! I’ve contacted them via email and they are very responsive and helpful!

They told me that unfortunately, their notifications from the forum have been going to their spam folder.