Difference between Quantum Edge Elite Bolsa & the Caliber Edge?

What’s the difference between Quantum Edge Elite Bolsa and the Caliber Edge Pocket Coil? I am 6’3" & 235lbs. & a strict side sleeper and I’m wondering if I should go with pocketed coils or stay with a 6" firm Dunlop base. I currently have a soft Talalay 3" topper ontop but I still have pressure points on my broad shoulders and skinny hips. I might just need another transition layer between the base and the soft top but I’m getting nervous throwing more money at this project.

I really thought a DIY bed would be much simpler than it has become but I have faith I will get it right. So far, the weakest link in my bed creation is ME!
-Spoonman

If I were you I would work with what you have and just add a 2 or 3" Medium Talalay transition layer between the Firm core and soft top.

Hi Ken,

Purchased your 6" Caliber Edge and received it via FED-EX within just a couple of days! I prefer it much more than my latex core. Just wondering, is there any additional cover I need to add between the pocket coils and the foam? Also, will the coils loosen up a bit more over the next 30 days? They’re fine but I’m just considering the feel after the break-in period.

Regards,
-Spoonman

Nothing is needed extra and the coils will loosen but only a bit over the next few weeks.

Hi Ken,

Is the “Combi-Zone Pocket Coil by Leggett and Platt” that you sell for a DIY mattress, the same that you use for your “Ultimate Hybrid Pocket Coil Latex Mattresses”?

Thanks!

Yes, it’s the same coil.

Hi, I am interested in one of your hybrid coil latex mattress but wonder if Quantum Edge Elit Bolsa would be better than the combo version.

I am big guy 275 6 ft and predominately a side sleeper. What do you suggest?

1 Like

I don’t think a spring is the answer, let’s work with what you got and add a 2 or 3" transition layer in Medium Talalay. That should take care of the pressure point issue and not break the bank.

Spoonman are are you still happy with the caliber edge? Did you go with the springs to make it softer than your previous latex layers? How did it change the feel of the bed? Did it feel more like a traditional innerspring after?

Spoonman are are you still happy with the caliber edge?
Yes!
Did you go with the springs to make it softer than your previous latex layers?
Sort of, I just prefer the innerspring feel than the Dunlop core. The Dunlop core felt like dead weight to me.
How did it change the feel of the bed? Did it feel more like a traditional innerspring after?
Yes. I bought it because it fit my 9" mattress cover and it replaced the 6" core. However, it is a bit stiffer because of the shorter coils compared to an 8" pocketed coil. So bear in mind, that the latex topper ILD will feel slightly firmer due to the stiffer core.
For example, I’m using a medium latex 3" talalay topper on a 8" pocketed coil in another room whereas that same topper feels a lot more like a medium firm on the 6" pocketed coil.

I hope this helps with your decision making! ~Spoonman