Disappointed with Plushbeds Botanical Bliss... now what?

I really wanted to love this mattress. But a “medium” is like sleeping on a board to me. I mean, there is no plush in this PlushBed! I can request a softer top layer, but I’m somewhat skeptical that it will make me love this mattress. I’m wondering if I should move away from latex mattresses altogether. I do want something on the very natural end of the spectrum, as I don’t want any chemical off-gassing. So not too interested in foam. Any suggestions on where to start? Thanks!

Info:
I weigh 140, my husband weighs 210.
We have a full-sized mattress.
Sleep on side, back or occasionally stomach - I move around a lot!

Hi Cathye.

If you haven’t tried soft latex yet, it’s worth the exchange to see if it indeed does make the mattress for you. It would also give you a definitive data point: yes, I like latex or no, I dislike it and it’s not for me.

Your next option is to look into beds like the Pure Echo which is latex free but is a medium-firm which you’d then probably want to add some plushness to. And if you don’t want a latex topper, then you’d be looking at feather beds, wool, cotton, etc…there’s more about there here.

Hoping this helps some!
NikkiTMU

Thanks! A different direction, but what about the Luma Hybrid?

Hello: Just wondering what you decided.
I just purchased Botanical Bliss as well in Med-Firm and haven’t had a good night’s sleep since!
Not sure I want to ask for the “softer” exchange.
I really should have purchased a V-Flex from FloBeds. but was trying to save $$.
I’ll give it 30 days trial tops, and then arrange for their return (which will cost me $149 pick-up fee but worth it!)
Thanks!

Hi. I ended up returning the mattress - which was an odd experience - they really pushed the comfort exchange and then offered a $600 discount if you keep it. Best of all, they say “We would like to settle things amicably”!! That is really not what I expected to hear from a company that offers a 100-day return policy! In the end they did take it back of course. We went with a Charles P Rogers lifetime mattress, which is super expensive but really comfortable. And we tried it out in person first. Good luck with your situation!

Thanks for your input!
I live in CA, so no CharlesPRogers showrooms. Did you end up with Medium or Soft as your choice?

In returning PlushBeds, did you arrange their pick-up? There’s no way I can pack up a 120lb mattress!

I can tell that the issue with PlushBeds is Not the Comfort Layer, but rather the density of underlying “support” layers.
They seem to have zero compression for my 135lb body.
My daughter has a V-zone Flo-Bed which has very adjustable components. Price is similar to Charles P. Rogers.

I felt the same about the issue not being with the comfort layer. In our new bed, we got the medium.

I paid the $150 for the mattress pickup. Definitely a must!

Thank you! You’ve been very helpful.
Last question, hopefully: Did they “fight” you on arranging return?
If so, what strategy did you use for success with the return?
I’ve had the mattress just about 3 weeks – I’m ready to return Now.
Did they make you wait 30 days before they would discuss?

Yes they made me wait 30 days but as long as you stick to your guns on returning it, they won’t block you from doing it. The pickup is through a third-party company.

Great! I’m getting close to 30 days.
BBBureau reports made them sound especially uncooperative.
Wish I had looked there (& in this forum) before purchasing.