DIY mattress configuration

Finding a mattress went from enticing, to frustrating, to interesting, then to fun. What a journey, all the work landed me right where I needed to be. This forum was instrumental on my final decision. The ability to communicate with other buyers and the makers/sellers of the mattresses. Thank you all, Arizona Premium Mattress, the MU moderators and the MU members!

It’s a pleasure to help.

Mattress received Wednesday and assembled today. We made a video unpacking it and piecing it together. I have not felt something so spectacular. We have not slept on it yet, this will be night one!

Awesome, let me know how you like it. It will soften a bit over the first two weeks as the cover loosens up a bit.

Night One:
Wife and I both were comfortable. It is the first bed I have ever been comfortable laying on my back for more than five minutes.
I went with my materials just by research. For us, the descriptions of “feel”, and “ILD”, were enough to compare to some poly foam and gel beds we had tried.
It is like a cloud, we love it, and will further report again around the two week break in timeline.

Congrats on your new Arizona Premium custom DIY mattress :cheer: !

I’ve been following your many weeks of thorough research and helpful advice to other DIY consumers, great job! Thanks to TMU expert member @KenHightower for his thoughtful advice, guidance and support during your DIY project research, he is a well-respect expert in the latex mattress category. Hope you don’t mind, Roosterfire, but I’m reposting the results from your cool DIY queen platform bed build for those consumers following your project work here but may have missed the thread, The Best Foundations or Base for a Latex of All Foam Mattress, post #15, includes your excellent pics and details.

Good to hear you’re enjoying things so far, thanks again for the check-in and keep us updated on how your sleep trial goes.

Sensei

Glad to be part of the group, the forum was essential in my final decisions on the materials and the seller. Glad to share.

https://uploads.mattressunderground.com/outside/44517/20200423_223147.jpg

Two week mark

Wife and I are both completely enjoying the bed, every night.
From unpacking, obviously quality materials, to my first time laying on it, to my second week of sleep; my satisfaction is 100%.
I got exactly what I wanted, a unique build, with quality materials. I have already turned my friends on to the Arizona Premium Mattress site, so they might enjoy the same.
Thank you, APM team!

Thank you for the feedback and referrals. That’s what keeps our prices low.

Ken, do you think this build would work for a 225lb combo side/back sleeper like me?

Yes, it’s a good choice based on your specs and thank you for your interest in our products.

ordered! :slight_smile:

Much appreciated, thank you for the order.

I wish “TMU” had “like” buttons like Facebook. LOL. I have read this whole thread and really enjoyed the insight you and Ken provided. Tempts me to build my own. BUT…I’m afraid of not being able to return if I don’t like it. I’m guessing it’s probably $200 or so to ship! Glad you are happy with the outcome!!

Shipping is much less than $200 and comfort exchanges are allowed within 60 days from receipt of goods.

My shipping (to Kentucky) was $158.98 for my custom queen; coil springs, plus two latex layers, 3 inch and 2 inch.
I love my bed!

Doesn’t their Hybrid just include 3" of latex? I guess you customized it…? May I ask why the extra 2" layer was wanted/neede? Thank you.

I answered this question in your other thread. Read the last paragraph.

Yes, thank you. I posted that before creating my own thread. :wink: