DIy Mattress question

Hey all-
Long time troller, first time poster. I’m in the market for a new mattress and my wife has fallen in love with the Tempurpedic LuxeAdapt Soft. We are both pure side sleepers. She’s 5’-2" 120lbs and I’m 5-9" 165lbs. I’ve spent a ton of time doing research (I’m a little OCD) and have read enough to know that Tempurpedic is a great brand but really overhyped and overly expensive for what you get. I’m a mechanical engineer by trade so I’m used to overanalyzing everything :slight_smile: and am trying to get the best bang for the buck given the bed my wife likes. From what I’ve researched, the LuxeAdapt Soft bed is made as follows:
Cooling Mattress Cover:
3" of Tempur ES (extra soft)
3" of Tempur APR+ (new version of Tempur?)
2.5" of Convoluted HD Poly at 1.8lb/ft3 (seems pretty cheap if that’s true)
4.5" of HD Poly at 1.8lb/ft3

Given that Tempurpedic doesn’t release any of their density, support factors, or ILF numbers on their foam, I’m forced to guess a little bit and hope I get close.

Here’s the conclusion for what I’m thinking about doing:
Comfort Layer
3" Tempurpedic Tempur-Adapt cooling mattress topper (from what I’ve read, it’s Tempur ES with a phase change cooling cover)
https://www.tempurpedic.com/other-products/adapt-cooling-topper/v/3234/
Transition Layer
3" Tempurpedic Tempur Supreme Mattress topper (from what I’ve read, its a Medium/Soft original Tempur material and the closest I could figure to match the APR+ material
Official Website for Tempur-Pedic Toppers | Upgrade Your Mattress | Tempur-Pedic Toppers
Core layers
3" Dunlop Latex mattress topper Medium 28IDL from Latex Mattress Factory
3" Dunlop Latex mattress topper Firm 38IDL from Latex Mattress Factor

I’m going for a latex core because it appears to be the choice if you want anything to last 10 years or longer. I’m worried that the core layers might be too firm and that the transition layer to thick to thick/soft as I don’t know what that topper is really made of. With these materials, I’m at a fraction of what Tempurpedic wants so it seems like a good deal to me, but expensive enough to be a risk If I’ve got it all wrong. Let me know what you think or if I’m completely off basis.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Ryan

Moderators - It seems like the above post would be more suitably placed in Latex Mattress Factory’s Expert Forum rather than here.

• Bill

Hi Sweet Dreams/ Bill.

Thanks for the note. :wink:

We’ve been finally able to correct the “Move post issue” we’ve been having for a while that surfaced with the new Forum template change.
I’ll be moving the post for Latex Mattress Factory’s attention shortly.
Phoenix