Do I really need to buy an organic mattress?

We need at least one new bed in my house, and I am just shocked at the cost of organic mattresses. There is just no way we can afford one… I search Link here There is a wide choice of such products, but I still doubt. Is it really worth the money? or is it just a marketing ploy?

Organic is a buzz word that’s thrown around far too often - case in point most of the mattresses in that list you posted aren’t organic.

There is however, a value to a more natural product if you’re sensitive to chemicals or are concerned about reducing exposure, and there are products on the market that are competitive price wise with all but the cheapest beds in a box. You need to decide what your needs are and do research based on those requirements.

We just recently addressed this topic, so I’ll copy/paste our reply below:

========================

Ultimately it is up to the end-user to do research on what is most important to them when using the product, regarding what it is made from and how it performs.

As far as bedding goes, we have always pro-actively stated that bedding is one of the most intimate products you use on a daily basis, so “we” feel it’s an important place to start and to do that research, and whenever possible, eliminate additional (many times unnecessary) ingredients, many of which can be potentially harmful.

Most true organic mattresses contain three ingredients: #1 - organic (or natural) latex rubber-milk, #2 - organic (or natural) wool with no additional fire retardants, and #3 organic cotton fabric (not blended with poly).

There are also some “eco” hybrid mattresses available, which may use organic cotton-poly blends, or wool with the addition of silica, or blended latex, or small amounts of natural latex (2" or 3") on top of coils. For folks looking to create a sleep environment as natural as possible (and want to avoid the additional cost incurred with organic materials), these eco-hybrid mattresses are often a better choice than many conventional mattresses (made from petroleum or memory foams and wrapped in 100% polyester-nylon fabrics), while fitting their budget.

I’m including a few links to articles we have written in the past, which may be helpful to you:

www.organiccomfortzone.com/undercover-ki...mattress-components/

Again, no one can verify that any product will prevent anything in the future. Ultimately it’s your decision on what is most important to you when using that product.

If you need additional information, you can always give us a call at 800.229.7571. We’ll be happy to help as best we can.