Does anyone have any experience with this mattress?

It seems to have good reviews…thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Innovations-SureTemp-Mattress-Warranty/dp/B003CT37L0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401380169&sr=8-1&keywords=memory+foam+mattress

Hi ghiggz,

The first place I would start your mattress research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that will help you make the best possible choices … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

I would tend to pay very little attention to mattress reviews because when it comes to buying a mattress because how well someone else sleeps on a mattress would have little to nothing to do with how well you may sleep on it (a mattress that works well for one person may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on) and almost none of the reviewers have any knowledge about mattresses or the quality of the materials inside their mattress (or they probably wouldn’t have purchased it). There is more about reviews in post #13 here.

In terms of quality and durability … a mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of the materials inside it regardless of the name on the label. No matter how well you sleep on a mattress at first … if it uses low quality materials they will soften or break down more quickly than higher quality materials and the loss of comfort and support that is the result isn’t covered by a warranty (because it’s not a defect in the mattress). There is more about warranties in post #174 here

One of the links in the tutorial post is post #4 here which has some guidelines I would suggest for foam quality/density and as you can see the Sleep Innovations 12-Inch SureTemp Memory Foam Mattress includes 2.5" of 3 b memory foam which would be reason enough for me to avoid it or if you do decide to purchase it anyway I would make sure that your expectations are low in terms of the durability of the mattress. Even though you are in a very low budget range … there are certainly better quality options available to you.

Phoenix