Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Thank you for all of the useful information on the site! I am in the process of shopping for a new mattress and I was glad to find this forum. Very helpful! How do members request the discount from participating manufacturers? Is it possible to request the discount when ordering online from a manufacturer/retailer like Tuft & Needle?

Thanks!

Hi aalbaladejo,

Welcome to the site … and I’m glad you found us :slight_smile:

The discounts or product bonuses are listed in the membership list here. In some cases there is a discount code and for others you just need to let them know you are a forum member here when you place your order. In the case of Tuft & Needle they don’t have a discount code but all you need to do is call or email them after a purchase to let them know you are a member of the forum here and they will credit the discount to the card that you used for the purchase within a few days.

Phoenix

Thanks for all the discussion and info available about mattresses. There is a great variety and can be a large expense invested. When looking into ordering a specialy mattress online that you cannot test out beforehand it can be scary and has been for me. Serious procrastination here. I was looking into using one of the codes for a discount on a mattress and it said it did not qualify. It wasn’t on sale already and there is no explaination in fine print as to what does qualify re: Soaring Heart.

Hi briteguy,

Welcome to the site … and I’m glad you found us :slight_smile:

There is more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of comfort and PPP in post #2 here that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for once you actually sleep on your mattress. With an online purchase a good return/exchange policy that lets you test a mattress in your bedroom instead of a showroom can also be a more important part of many people’s personal value equation and can reduce the risk of an online purchase that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for.

When you can’t test a mattress in person (or if you can and you are still uncertain) then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept well on and liked that they are familiar with, any special considerations you may have, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about helping you to “match” their specific mattress designs or firmness options to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences or even to other mattresses that they are familiar with than anyone else so that in combination with your own personal testing you can make the “best possible” choice with the highest chance of success.

I’m not sure if you talked with them (and I would always have a more detailed conversation with any online manufacturer or retailer I was considering before making a purchase) but I’ll also call them tomorrow to find out what is happening with their discount code. Thanks for the heads up.

Phoenix

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your response. I did see a post using the “Banana” comparison test to better determine latex firmness levels in my research on this forum which I found interesting. :slight_smile: I did not contact SH but entered the discount code provided on this site in the membership code section. When I clicked “Apply” it said it did not qualify. (It was a $1,500.00 mattress so I do not know if there is a higher minimum set for the code.) It only adds to my procrastination as if it was a sign I should do more research before taking the leap. :slight_smile: I will keep browsing this site to get more info to gain confidence in making a final purchase.

Hi britegray,

Their discount they agreed to offer to the members of the site is 5% of any mattress purchase (mattress only) and there was no minimum. I called Soaring Heart but Jason wasn’t available when I called so I am waiting for a return phone call from him to clarify why the discount code isn’t working. I will post here as soon as I hear from him.

In the meantime if you are looking at an online purchase rather than a local purchase then the the mattress shopping tutorial includes a link to a list of the members here that sell mattresses online (in the optional online step) that all compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, transparency, and knowledge and many of them sell latex and latex hybrid mattresses that use different types and blends of latex (including organic Dunlop if an organic certification is important to you) that have a wide range of different designs, options, features, return and exchange policies, and prices that that would be well worth considering as well.

Phoenix

Hi Britegray,

I just talked with Jason and he told me they had made some changes to their website and the discount code wasn’t functioning correctly but of course they can apply the 5% discount if you call and talk to them before your purchase. He said it should be fixed by tomorrow.

He also told me that since January of this year their factory was also now certified organic which means that their mattresses are now certified organic “as a mattress” rather than just using components and materials inside the mattress that are certified organic for those where organic certifications are an important part of their personal value equation. They are only the third manufacturer in the country that has a certified organic mattress (vs a mattress that uses all certified organic materials and components). There is more about the different levels of organic certifications in post #2 here and in post #2 here.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

I too am very appreciative of all the information contained on this website. I am in a search of a new mattress and have found how confusing this task can be. I am very interested in purchasing a Talalay Latex mattress from a reputable vendor at a good price. I live in Western North Carolina. Do you know of any local or somewhat local companies that provide quality latex mattresses where I could test-drive a few.

Also, from my research I’ve stumbled across the Arizona Premium Mattresses Company. The prices are really good compared to other mattress dealers. I understand they are a member of this forum but I feel a little apprehensive about buying a mattress from a company so far away.

Hi jrbrtsn03,

Welcome to the site :slight_smile:

Hopefully you’ve had the chance to read the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists (based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you).

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Hendersonville/Asheville areas (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines I linked) are listed in post #4 here. If you aren’t close to any of these then if you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to link you to any forum lists that are closer to you.

As you mentioned they are one of the members of this site which means I think very highly of them and I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency.

There is more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of comfort and PPP in post #2 here that can help you assess and minimize the risks and uncertainty of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for once you actually sleep on your mattress.

When you can’t test a mattress in person (or if you can and you are still uncertain) then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart (such as Arizona Premium) who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept well on and liked that they are familiar with, any special considerations you may have, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about helping you to “match” their specific mattress designs or firmness options to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences or even to other mattresses that they are familiar with than anyone else so that in combination with your own personal testing you can make the “best possible” choice with the highest chance of success.

Phoenix

Hello TMU. What a huge resource you are. Thank you for all your effort.
I bought the Brooklyn Bedding Best Mattress Ever in Medium, and am returning it as I found it extremely soft with little support. I am a 125 Ib side sleeper female. Your posts highlight the different perceptions about comfort and support that each person has. At first I thought the YouTube videos from the reviewers were helpful, but I can see now they are little more than a marketing ploy for themselves.
I am going to order a Kiss mattress now, in Firm. I spoke to a helpful person at SleepEZ who guided me to the Firm. If I hadn’t spoke to SleepEZ I would’ve ordered another Medium, so that highlights your advice to get guidance from the manufacturer.
As an aside, do you know anything about Bob’s Discount Furniture mattresses? They are In Massachusetts. I live in MA.

Hi Seascape,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m sorry to hear that your previous choice didn’t work out as well as you hoped for but as you know you are certainly making a great quality/value choice this time as well and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

You can read a little more about Bobs Discount Furniture (mybobs.com) in post #4 here. Overall I would tend to be cautious here since they aren’t very knowledgeable or informative about their mattresses. A forum search on mybob (you can just click the link) will also bring up a few more comments about them.

Phoenix

I’m about to pull the trigger on a Love Bed in Medium from Nest Bedding for my new apartment. Tried it out at the showroom in Mountain View, CA, but still glad for the generous return policy, as well as the knowledge that it’s made from materials of reasonable quality. Thanks for the abundance of information!

Hi slederer,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you probably know I think you made a great choice and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

I just read this, thanks !

Thank you for all the information on this site. I have spent a lot of time researching all over the web but some of the most useful testimony came from this site. I plan on biting the bullet and purchasing the T&N mattress. Coming from many restless nights, I hope this is my savior. Hopefully, I can get the discount also!

Wish I had found this site months and months ago. A great resource!

Glad I found this site - so many options for mattress shopping these days…

Thanks for all the great information! Very helpful when choosing a new mattress (which can be a headache).

Thanks for the information.

Thanks. Very helpful info. The discount will come in handy.