Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

hello all, looking forward to finding a new mattress based on user feedback found here.

Hi timseeman,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding ā€¦ and of course any comments or questions you may have along the way :slight_smile:

The first place I would start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice ā€¦ and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure youā€™ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best ā€œmatchā€ for you in terms of ā€œcomfortā€ and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesnā€™t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the ā€œvalueā€ of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists (based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you).

Phoenix

awesome. Leaning towards T&N, but will read up here before making the purchase. thanks!

Hi timseeman,

They would certainly be one of many good quality/value choices that are available to you but I would also make sure that you read post #1 here just in case the TMU discount is an important part of your purchase decision since they are no longer a member here and no longer offer the TMU discount to the forum members here.

Phoenix

Thanks Pheonix for creating this wonderful website. I was searching for a long time trying to find an unbiased information about choosing a mattress. It has been very stressful and frustrated. Some sites sound neutral but later found out there are many infomercial embedded which will eventually lead to a particular vendor. I am so grateful that I found this websiteā€¦ Now I am leaning toward buying two twin XL to form a split king from SleepEZ and a L & P prodigy for the base. I am wondering if this is a good choice. Thanks.

Hi bystander6,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

I switched your post into a new topic of its own so it doesnā€™t get mixed in with all the replies in a more general topic.

As you probably know ā€¦ SleepEZ is one of the members of this site which means that I think very highly of them and that I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency. They would certainly be well worth considering.

Iā€™m assuming that youā€™ve read the mattress shopping tutorial here but two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure youā€™ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best ā€œmatchā€ for you in terms of ā€œcomfortā€ and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesnā€™t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the ā€œvalueā€ of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists (based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you).

When you canā€™t test a mattress in person then I would also keep in mind that the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart (which would include SleepEZ) and who can help ā€œtalk you throughā€ the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and ā€œfeelā€ of the materials they are using (fast or slow response, resilience, firmness etc) and the options they have available that may be the best ā€œmatchā€ for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked or other mattresses you are considering that they are familiar with, and the ā€œaveragesā€ of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about ā€œmatchingā€ their specific mattress designs to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else.

There is also more information about choosing an adjustable bed in post #3 here and the main adjustable bed topic that it links to that can help you choose an adjustable bed based on price vs features comparisons and also includes some retailers that you can use as good sources of information about the features of the adjustable beds they carry and as pricing references as well (in post #6 in the main adjustable bed topic). Of course there are many other sources as well and prices can change on a regular basis so I would also include some internet searching in your research and I would also keep in mind that online advertised prices are often price controlled so make sure you call the stores you are considering to find out their best prices rather than just looking at websites.

Phoenix

Thanks for the detail information. It seems that there is no commercial member in Tacoma, WA area. I would like to try them out first before making decision.

Hi bystander6,

The better options or possibilities Iā€™m aware of in and around the Seattle/Tacoma area (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines I linked in my last reply) are listed in post #2 here.

The SleepEZ showroom is in Tempe Arizona and for those that arenā€™t in reasonable driving distance of Tempe they would only be available online although there may be other latex mattresses available that would be ā€œsomewhat similarā€.

Phoenix

After about a year of reading your mattress forum, researching, reading some more, then doing a LOT of hemming & hawing, Iā€™m finally confident enough to take the plunge & order from Brooklyn Bedding. Thanks Phoenix for this invaluable service you provide!

Debch

Hi debch,

Iā€™m glad the site could help you ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Iā€™m also looking forward to your comments and feedback once youā€™ve received it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

This website is great (Thanks Phoenix). Iā€™ve been reading and researching for a long time and I think Iā€™m finally ready to buy. But first, time for a napā€¦

Hi Obaida,

Iā€™m glad the site could help you as well ā€¦ and Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix, thank you for all the hard work you put into this site. The information, tutorials and helpful hints will be invaluable when we shop for our new mattress. We purchased a ReGeneration II latex mattress from Sleep Country in 2008 and were really happy with the mattress until the depressions showed up a few years later. The Sleep Country warranty is basically not worth the paper itā€™s written on.

We had not done any research, went to the nearest big chain retailer, lay on a couple of beds, were lured in by a ā€œcancellation discountā€ and walked out with a new mattress in under an hour :dry: We have learned our lesson and Iā€™ve spent nearly the whole day on this site and looking through all the Toronto links imbedded in the forum. Hoping to go visit Dormio and Soma to ask the list of questions and lie on a few beds.

Thanks again!

Hi Phoenix. Thank you so much for the wealth o f information on this website. Iā€™m looking forward to ordering and testing out a Tuft & Needle mattress shortly!

Wow. Lots of great info here. And a discount to boot! Nice.

Hi Tankdawg0057,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :).

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding.

Phoenix

Thanks for such a great resource. This forum has provided a lot of great info. We are about to pull the trigger on the sleepez natural 10 inch latex. Canā€™t wait!
Thanks again!

Hi Theoretical,

Thanks for letting us know what you ended up deciding ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know I think you are making a great quality/value choice and Iā€™m looking forward to your comments and feedback once youā€™ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Even though I have just registered, I have been going through this forum for quite a while now and really appreciate all the knowledge that is shared. Thank you!

Hi pufl,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us as well :slight_smile:

Iā€™m also looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding ā€¦ and of course any comments or questions you may have along the way.

Phoenix