Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Phoenix, thanks for all your hard work. This site has been invaluable in helping me sort through all the different options.

Hi josh88,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us and that the site was able to help you :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding.

Phoenix

I ended up going with Flexus Comfortā€™s Posture Sense with their 2" latex topper. I live in southern California and I was a little hesitant to buy a mattress that I had never tested off the internet. Flexus is local to me, Henry & James were very helpful, their mattresses seem to provide great value considering the materials they use, and that mattress/topper combo was incredibly comfortable in their showroom. Iā€™ll try to remember to check back in several months with any updates :slight_smile:

Hi josh88,

Thanks for letting us know what you ended up deciding ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know I think highly of Flexus and you certainly made a great quality/value choice.

Iā€™m looking forward to any comments or feedback you have the chance to share once youā€™ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Wayne,

Iā€™m curious what you ended up deciding on. Weā€™re in exactly the same position - we went to Jordanā€™s a week ago (wife loved the tempurpedic, I couldnā€™t stand the cocoon feeling), and weā€™re off to Spindle this weekend. I really hope this works out because she didnā€™t like the latex hybrids we tried at Jordanā€™s.

And I agree that the site is fantastic!
Tommy

Hi tratliff,

I doubt that Waygil (Wayne) will see your post because they arenā€™t subscribed to the topic and their post was from several months ago.

While other peopleā€™s comments about the knowledge and service of a particular business can certainly be very helpful ā€¦ I would always keep in mind that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and I would also be cautious about about using anyone elseā€™s suggestions, experiences or reviews on a specific mattress (either positive or negative) or review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you. In many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people in terms of ā€œcomfortā€, firmness, and PPP may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (even if they are in a similar weight range). In other words ā€¦ reviews or other peopleā€™s experiences in general wonā€™t tell you much if anything about the suitability, quality, durability, or ā€œvalueā€ of a mattress for any particular person (see post #13 here).

Iā€™m not sure exactly where you live but subject to first confirming that any retailer or manufacturer on the list that you wish to visit is completely transparent (see this article) and to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets your criteria and the quality/value guidelines here ā€¦ the better options or possibilities Iā€™m aware of in and around the larger Boston region are listed in post #2 here.

As you probably know I think highly of Spindle and they are one of the members here which means that I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency and if you are considering an all latex mattress they would certainly be well worth including in your research.
Phoenix

new here great forum , ty

Hi glaxicus,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Awesome! Based on info here I am ordering my Flobed now in hopes of ending 10+ years of misery trying to find a sleep solution for my wife and I. Thank you all!

Hi Landtosea,

I switched your post to a new topic of its own with a more descriptive title so that it would be easier for other members to find.

Thanks for taking the time to register and letting us know what you decided to purchase ā€¦ I appreciate it.

As you know I think you made a great quality/value choice ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to your comments and feedback once youā€™ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Which of their mattresses did you purchase?

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix! I ordered a vZone since my wife and I have very different needs and I think this has been the root of us finding shared comfort. I used the automated selector but based on suggestions here I followed up with a call. I am glad I did since after discussing our specifics in person a different mix was suggested. We tried a decently customer reviewed $1200 latex bed from Costco most recently which is being returned. I sleep ok on it but had been having a lot of non typical back tightness since using it. My wife canā€™t even sleep a full night in it and complains of shoulder and lower back pain I assume is from too dense of foam for her. Below is what we ended up with.
Me - 6ā€™ 175lbs, athletic build, med frame, shoulder and lower back injuries = vZone soft/firm/x-firm
Wife - 5ā€™5 105lbs, athletic build, small frame, shoulder injury = vZone soft/med/med

Hi Landtosea,

Thanks for letting us know which mattress you purchased.

Iā€™m glad you did as well because a bot that only considers raw data can never add the ā€œgood judgementā€ of a human to the suggestions they provide.

Phoenix

Great resources and discussions here.
We have been researching for a couple weeks now. The forum threads on comparison on SleepEZ, FloBeds, and Savvy Rest were especially useful and really helped us in making a decision. Now the research continues on adjustable vs. non-adjustable bed frames! Leaning towards the basic model of ErgoMotion / Sotfideā€¦

Hi jtinternet,

Itā€™s great to hear that the information here has been helpful and you are certainly looking at some great quality choices regardless of which one you end up deciding :slight_smile:

There is more information about choosing an adjustable bed in post #3 here and the main adjustable bed topic that it links to that can help you choose an adjustable bed based on price vs features comparisons and also includes some retailers that you can use as good sources of information about the features of the adjustable beds they carry and as pricing references as well (in post #6 in the main adjustable bed topic). Of course there are many other sources as well and prices can change on a regular basis so I would also include some internet searching in your research. I would also keep in mind that online advertised prices are often price controlled so make sure you call the stores you are considering to find out their best prices rather than just looking at websites.

I would consider all the major adjustable bed manufacturers to be closely comparable in terms of reliability so I would use price and feature comparisons to choose between them.

I would also give some careful consideration to the type of features that you may find useful over a longer period of time because some of the features they offer may seem very ā€œenticingā€ when you are shopping but some people may find that they donā€™t use them as much as they thought they would once the novelty has worn off.

Phoenix

FYI in case you want to update the listing, I just asked for the 5% discount from Sleep EZ and they said it can only be used on select sleep mattresses, not any of the other ā€œspecialā€ mattresses they have on their site.

Hi jperiod:

I checked with SleepEZ and the information you provided doesnā€™t sound accurate, and it might be a case of unfortunately some incorrect information being provided to you.

Here is their official policy for discounts for members of The Mattress Underground, directly from SleepEZ:

"Sleep EZ extends 5% discount for all mattress products we manufacturer. The 5% is in addition to any sales discounts. The only exception are adjustable beds which are purchased from outside vendors and are often bundled to deliver the most competitive price. Sleep EZ is the manufacturer of all mattress sold on Sleep EZ site. For those customers who do not call, but purchase online we ask they do the following in order to secure The Mattress Underground 5% discount:

When checking out online please insert in the ā€œCommentsā€ section of form the following:
ā€˜Saw you on The Mattress Underground. Please apply 5% discount.ā€™

This will insure discount will be credited back. For any pending orders, you mail contact SleepEZ via email on their contact page here."

I hope that information is helpful. Iā€™ll look forward to any comments you have regarding your transaction.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,
Spent the last week researching mattresses. Learned more from The Mattress Underground than any other site on the net. You have accumulated so much knowledge about a confusing subject I knew little about. Mattress ads,.brands, types, hypes follow us online. You tell us the truth. Thank you so much.
Iā€™ve had several neck, back surgeries & am living for years in chronic pain. Was told a month ago by my orthro that my lumbar stenosis is progressing to the point that my life will be in a wheelchair, unless they can operate. . Seeing a neurosurgeon, & having tests done, but not thrilled by having more surgeryā€¦ My family is buying me a new mattress for my 64th Birthday. My daughter has the DreamFoam ULTIMATE DREAMS 13ā€³ GEL MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS & they love it. I went with the DreamFoam ULTIMATE DREAMS EUROTOP LATEX MATTRESS ,for more lumbar support. Chuck was wonderful helping me to decide on softness and what type of foundation. I told him that I decided from reading Mattress Underground and he said, he would send me 2 free pillows, .I am really looking forward to my new bed. Thanks so much for all your help.

Hi WoofiesMom,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :cheer:

Iā€™m sorry to hear about your stenosis. I hope that you are able to find a positive resolution to your stenosis.

Congratulations on your new mattress. As you are aware, DreamFoam Bedding is one of the members of this site which means that I think highly of them and that I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency.

I look forward to your comments after youā€™ve had the chance to use your new mattress for a while.

Phoenix

Just wanted to drop a quick line and say Thank You for all of the information on your site!

Iā€™m a first time mattress buyer and have been overwhelmed by all of the choices and sales gimmicks from other stores. After reading good reviews of Parklane Mattresses here, I decided to stop in about a week ago. After visiting 3 other conventional mattress stores I am convinced that Parklane sells comparable or higher quality mattresses as large S brandsā€¦and at a MUCH more reasonable price as well!

The salesperson, Steven at the Salem location, was attentive and knowledgeable and never pushy or hovering. When I had specific questions he happily researched them and provided an excellent shopping experience. Parklane is worth adding to the list if youā€™re in the market for a new mattress!

I am looking forward to placing an order for the Irving mattress tomorrow, and am feeling like I was able to make an informed purchase armed with the information I found here.

Hi jackiez32,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum!, and congratulations on your impending mattress purchase! :cheer:

As you probably know Parklane is one of the members here which means that I think very highly of them and that I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency.

I look forward to your comments after youā€™ve had some time to sleep on your new mattress for a while.

Phoenix