Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Hi michaelp,

As you probably know I think you are making a great quality, value choice ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to your comments and feedback once youā€™ve received it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

Phoenix,
Thank you for putting together this site and for all the time you devote sharing your knowledge, we sure appreciate it. After researching your site I found a latex mattress sounded like the perfect solution to our sleepless nights, but didnā€™t think we could afford one until checking out the deals the companies on your membership list offer. I just ordered our first latex bed from Chuck at Dreamfoam bedding yesterday and found him just as personable, helpful and determined to find us a perfect fit as everyone else has said. Plus he made sure we got the bonus pillow for being a member here, a very nice perk by the way.
Thank you, RF

Hi Franzen,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us.

You are also making a great quality/value choice ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to your comments and feedback once youā€™ve received it.

Phoenix

Hello,

Thank you so much for providing so much information in so much detail. I found this site when searching for information on beds though I wish I found it sooner. I already pulled the trigger on the #bestmattressever (soft) this week which I am yet to receive. I will post on my experience once I get it setup.

Hi shrini,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us as well :).

As you know I think you made a great quality/value choice and Iā€™m also looking forward to your comments and feedback once youā€™ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it.

Phoenix

Thank you for this helpful site!! Iā€™ve been pouring over the info here. Itā€™s a gem of a site for people like me who like to research before I buy.

When dh and I got married 11 yrs ago we bought a name brand pillow top mattress. We lived in an old farmhouse and we bought a queen thinking it would fit up the steep stairs. Nope. Had to go back to the store and buy a full. What a tiny bed! It lasted about 9 yrs (we couldnā€™t take the back pain anymore). In Dec 2014 I purchased two twin wool futons online and two slatted twin bed frames as I wanted to go more natural. Also if we didnā€™t like it the kids could have them. Dh just canā€™t take the mattress firmness and the morning aching body anymore. I actually like a firmer bed than he does. Weā€™re going to give the twins to the kids since theyā€™re needing some moving around/growing out of toddler bed. Weā€™re going to purchase the Sleep On Latex 9" queen medium firmness. I am excited about their quick ship times as I waited for like 5 weeks with the wool futons. I am just trying to decide if I should buy the separate topper now or wait and see if we like the firmness. Weā€™ve never had a latex mattress before and I am excited to have one. We just need to sleep better than we have been and thatā€™s been a while now!

Thanks!

Hi Mareth,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know I think you also made a great quality/value choice and I hope you also have the chance to share your comments and feedback once youā€™ve had the chance to sleep on it.

If I was in your shoes I would sleep on the mattress first to see how you feel about the firmness and then you can use your actual sleeping experience as a reference point to help you decide if you need a topper and if you do on the thickness and firmness that you may need.

Phoenix

This site is amazing! I was 100% sure I wanted a wool mattress but after many hours of reading on the site, weā€™ve decided on a latex mattress from SleepEZ! So happy to have found them here, and so happy to have learned so much about mattresses and their functions. Thank you for this wealth of information and your constant interaction in the Mattress Forum!

Do I need to ask someone at SleepEZ for the 5% member discount or is their a promo code? We are so excited we are buying tomorrow! Thank you so much!

Hi fitzstem,

As you know you are making a great quality/value choice ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

They donā€™t have a discount code and all you need to do to receive your discount is call or email them to let them know you are a forum member here.

Phoenix

Iā€™ve been a long time lurker to the site. You do great work here, Phoenix. Thanks for all your hard work.

Hi ReyAngelo,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :slight_smile:

I hope you have the chance to let us know what you end up deciding.

Phoenix

Looking through the site really helped me decide on the Dreamfoam Ultimate Dreams 13" Gel Mattress.

Hi somersetstriker,

Iā€™m glad the site could help you ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know you made a great quality/value choice and Iā€™m looking forward to your comments and feedback once youā€™ve received it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

Phoenix, thanks for all your hard work. This site has been invaluable in helping me sort through all the different options.

Hi josh88,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us and that the site was able to help you :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding.

Phoenix

I ended up going with Flexus Comfortā€™s Posture Sense with their 2" latex topper. I live in southern California and I was a little hesitant to buy a mattress that I had never tested off the internet. Flexus is local to me, Henry & James were very helpful, their mattresses seem to provide great value considering the materials they use, and that mattress/topper combo was incredibly comfortable in their showroom. Iā€™ll try to remember to check back in several months with any updates :slight_smile:

Hi josh88,

Thanks for letting us know what you ended up deciding ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know I think highly of Flexus and you certainly made a great quality/value choice.

Iā€™m looking forward to any comments or feedback you have the chance to share once youā€™ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Wayne,

Iā€™m curious what you ended up deciding on. Weā€™re in exactly the same position - we went to Jordanā€™s a week ago (wife loved the tempurpedic, I couldnā€™t stand the cocoon feeling), and weā€™re off to Spindle this weekend. I really hope this works out because she didnā€™t like the latex hybrids we tried at Jordanā€™s.

And I agree that the site is fantastic!
Tommy

Hi tratliff,

I doubt that Waygil (Wayne) will see your post because they arenā€™t subscribed to the topic and their post was from several months ago.

While other peopleā€™s comments about the knowledge and service of a particular business can certainly be very helpful ā€¦ I would always keep in mind that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and I would also be cautious about about using anyone elseā€™s suggestions, experiences or reviews on a specific mattress (either positive or negative) or review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you. In many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people in terms of ā€œcomfortā€, firmness, and PPP may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (even if they are in a similar weight range). In other words ā€¦ reviews or other peopleā€™s experiences in general wonā€™t tell you much if anything about the suitability, quality, durability, or ā€œvalueā€ of a mattress for any particular person (see post #13 here).

Iā€™m not sure exactly where you live but subject to first confirming that any retailer or manufacturer on the list that you wish to visit is completely transparent (see this article) and to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets your criteria and the quality/value guidelines here ā€¦ the better options or possibilities Iā€™m aware of in and around the larger Boston region are listed in post #2 here.

As you probably know I think highly of Spindle and they are one of the members here which means that I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency and if you are considering an all latex mattress they would certainly be well worth including in your research.
Phoenix

new here great forum , ty