Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Hey, I just wanted to post and thank you for the wonderful resource! Iā€™ve been reading articles like crazy and following different topics. After researching for the past several months Iā€™ve got the money together to finally pull the trigger on a mattress. Iā€™m going with the Arizona premium mattress ultimate hybrid. Seems like the right balance of price and quality for a heftier couple who have no problem sleeping on a 12 year old innerspring mattress. Hopefully we can get a good 12 years out of this one.

Hi dohminator,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Congratulations on your new mattress! As you know, Arizona Premium Mattress is a member here and I think highly of them. You certainly made a good quality/value choice. Which firmness did you choose?

Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback on your new mattress once youā€™ve had a chance to sleep on it for a while. Iā€™m glad this site was able to assist you in your decision.

Phoenix

I called today and placed the order. I actually got to talk to Ken, which is pretty cool. I knew that we would need different firmness options as my wife is primarily a side sleeper and Iā€™m primarily a back sleeper. We are both hefty but I also weigh more than my wife by a not insignificant margin. The confirmation email he sent indicated that heā€™s giving us 36 ild and 32 ild talalay toppers.

Iā€™ll be honest, Iā€™m a little worried that it might end up too firm as Iā€™m not familiar with the feel of 36 ild. (the one place we were able to visit that actually had latex over coils used, if I remember correctly, 24 ild) At the same time I trust that he knows what this will feel like for us and what we need for support and longevity.

Hi dohminator,

Thank you for the update. A detailed phone call with a knowledgeable manufacturer or retailer before making any final purchase decision is always advisable, and Iā€™m glad you were able to speak with Ken and use his expertise in making a selection.

Trying latex upon springs is of course a totally different ā€œfeelā€ from an all-latex product, so be sure to give the product a chance and see what you think. You do have a 60 day layer exchange option (you pay for shipping) if you end up needing to do so.

I hope you enjoy your new mattress.

Phoenix

Hello to All:

Wow what a wealth of information!!! If I could only remember it for more than 5 minutes it would really be great!! Information overload.
I do so appreciate this site and Phoenix for starting and maintaining it. I was previously looking at ā€œthe old bed guyā€ site and thought I was getting unbiased info. Not so sure of that now. No Ill will, I wish him the best. But I do feel this to be the best mattress information site.
After many hours here Iā€™m thinking I will go with Spindle as I think they are a good company who treat their customers fairly and with respect. Havenā€™t talked with them as yet, just what Iā€™ve gathered from reviews and posts here.
For me this is a significant investment but now I feel it to be money well spent. Iā€™m not locked in/committed to Spindle, they are not the cheapest nor do they have the best return/exchange policy. But their prices seem to be in line with most and fair. I am however pretty firm on an all latex mattress. Just from info gathered here as Iā€™ve been unable to find a store, in southeast TN that stocks any to do a fair comparison.

Thanks Again, Steve

Hi steeve,

Thatā€™s the great thing about having the site is you can always refer back to it. I suggest reading through things as you would a good book and not trying to memorize things.

As I think you are aware, Spindle is a member of this site which means that I think very highly of them and that I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency. I would definitely spend some time with them on the phone before making any final decisions should you wish to purchase from them.

Subject to first confirming that any retailer or manufacturer on the list that you wish to visit is completely transparent (see this article ) and to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here ā€¦ the better options or possibilities Iā€™m aware of in and around Chattanooga area in post #2 here and some of them at last check did offer latex.

Please let me know if you have any questions should you visit any of your local retailers.

Phoenix

Phoenix:

Thanks for the quick reply and additional info, especially the Chattanooga area merchants who may carry latex mattresses.

I donā€™t know when I will have the time or possibly the ā€œnerveā€ to check them out. This is a frustrating endeavor to have to educate yourself before making a purchaseā€¦but such is the world we live in. And much better to do this than making a decision based on the "eye appeal " of the cover and a brief period of testing mattresses, fully clothed with someone watching and rattling on about what a good deal it is.

My wife is having total knee replacement soon and would love to have the new mattress before that, but its not looking promising. Her added pains-discomfort is one thing that has prompted this search.

Thanks Again

Hi steeve,

Youā€™re very welcome. I hope youā€™re able to find a good selection that is close to your home.

Youā€™re certainly on the right track by doing a bit of reading and arming yourself with information before making a visit to any retailer. If you visit in the spirit of ā€œopennessā€, simply looking to test and gather information about the layers within a mattress, you should be welcomed with open arm by any retailer that is willing to educate and share information about their products.

My best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. It certainly would be nice to have this all done by the time she comes home from her procedure.

Please let me know if you come up with new questions about anything you find.

Phoenix

Thanks for all of the info! It helped me wade through all of the specs and advertising to decide on a Sleep Ez 10 inch latex mattress. Time to ditch the old sagging Stearns and Foster!

Hi! Iā€™m about to buy a Sleep On Latex mattress, thank you for the information and 5% discount!

Hi Batdog,

Congratulations on your new mattress purchase! :cheer: You certainly made a good quality choice.

I hope youā€™ll post back and let us know how your new mattress is working out for you after youā€™ve had a chance to sleep on it for a while.

Phoenix

Hi jystroh,

Congratulations on making your new mattress purchase! :cheer: Youā€™re certainly choosing a product that uses good durable materials. And Iā€™m glad you took advantage of the site discount.

Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback once youā€™ve had a chance to sleep on it for a while.

Phoenix

Thanks very much for the wealth of information. I am very glad to have found this site right at the time I was about to pull the trigger on a mattress without having done much or any research. I have learned much in the last few days.

I wasnā€™t sure whether to start a new thread or to just post here.

We received our new mattress from Arizona premium mattress ultimate hybrid a couple of weeks ago. As an aside, he told us to expect 3 weeks and we got in in two weeks. Under promise and over deliver is definitely nice.

The bed has been awesome so far. The 36 ILD topper, given my weight of 350+, was definitely the right recommendation for me. It gives where it needs to give, and it feels like sinking right into support. I feel like the alignment has worked well for me. My wife has definitely enjoyed it very much herself and she seems to be getting good sleep overall. Her 32 ild as a side sleeper is working. You can definitely tell a little difference between the two sides, but it isnā€™t drastic. Iā€™m definitely glad Ken recommended the 36 for my side.

Overall, the installation with 2 people went like was shown in the video. I started to try it just by myself, but it didnā€™t progress very well.

The first week definitely took some adjustment and I did have some back pain in my mid and upper back as I was getting used to being in proper alignment. The old mattress, while comfortable to us, did definitely allow our upper back and shoulders to roll instead of being supported. That has since subsided and I wake up feeling really good. I definitely love this mattress

Overall, I would definitely recommend ordering from them, and if you arenā€™t 100% sure on firmness, give them a call to make the order.

Thank you for all the information that you provide! It definitely makes it possible to wade through all the misinformation to find the right mattress for the right price.

Hi dohminator,

Thanks for the follow up on your Arizona Premium Hybrid mattress. Iā€™m glad that youā€™re enjoying it and adjusting accordingly.

Iā€™m glad the suggestions Ken made for you are working out. Itā€™s always so much more beneficial to speak directly with the manufacturer and use their experience and detailed knowledge and apply that to your specific needs.

Iā€™m glad you gave the configuration a chance and allowed your body to adjust and lose a bit of its ā€œlearned alignmentā€ from your old mattress.

[quote]Overall, I would definitely recommend ordering from them, and if you arenā€™t 100% sure on firmness, give them a call to make the order[/quote].
Yes, thatā€™s great advice to phone.

Youā€™re very welcome! And I hope youā€™re able to post again ā€œdown the roadā€ after youā€™ve had some more time on your new mattress.

Phoenix

Amazing website, thanks for all the hard work.

Hi Roomanitarian,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum!

Iā€™m glad you like the site and I hope the information presented here was useful to you in your research.

Phoenix

Hi, new member here. Thanks for the great amount of information on mattresses here, it really helped me find the best option for my budget (Sleep on Latex medium firmness, will let you know how it goes!), and thanks again for the 5% member discount.

Looking through in the info here, Sleep on Latex seems like the best choice for me. 5% off would help even moreā€¦

Hi meinong,

I hope youā€™ve had some time to look through the forum and gather some information from the mattress shopping tutorial.

If you have any questions, please feel free to start a topic and weā€™ll do our best to be assistive. And if you end up purchasing something, Iā€™ll be interested to learn what it is and any feedback you have once youā€™ve had a chance to sleep on it for a while.

Phoenix