Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Wanted to throw out a quick thank you for the enormous work that has gone into this site.

Thereā€™s an incredible wealth of knowledge to be found here - bravo

Hi Bakerb,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum!

Be sure to avail yourself of the information in the mattress shopping tutorial as you go through your mattress shopping process, and Iā€™ll be interested in learning of any questions you have or decisions you might make.

Phoenix

What should I do if I didnā€™t mention my mattress underground forum member discount and I paid already? Is it too late to get it back? I did not receive any additional discounts on my purchase of 2 mattresses at one of your members stores

Hi ae1265,

If you recently purchased a mattress fromone of the members here of the site, I would contact them and inform them of your site membership and see if they would be able/willing to provide you with your TMU discount after the fact.

Phoenix

Iā€™m so glad I found this site. The amount of information is insane!

Hi buddhafest,

I hope youā€™ll be able to take the time and avail yourself of the information presented in the mattress shopping tutorial as you go through your mattress shopping process, and I look forward to any specific questions that you may have.

Phoenix

We had some confusion regarding discount at the Ogden store for Brooklyn Bedding. The salesperson there didnā€™t think we could use the code with the current sale and we bought the mattress. But when we got home, I checked the website and had no problem using the code with the sale. I contacted the online customer service and they thought I could cancel the original transaction and pay online instead (Iā€™m trying to avoid paying sales tax right now), but Iā€™ve had a hard time making a connection with the store manager. Iā€™ve left 2 messages, one of those with an employee, over the last few days, but have yet to hear back from him. Weā€™re liking the bed well enough and I quite like the pillows, but Iā€™m frustrated by the lack of communication from him at this point. The e-mail and the 800 reps have been great, but Iā€™ve got to get things straightened out with the manager before we can proceed. Mostly, Iā€™m posting so others can know that although you canā€™t use 2 codes at once, if there is a sale that doesnā€™t require a code (like the one right now), the tmu10 will work with the sale at Brooklyn Beddingā€™s website.

Hi makesunshine.

I would contact Mario at Brooklyn Bedding directly (he does monitor the forum and is a site member here), as he has posted his contact information previously. His phone is 480.323.8831. Or you may use his email at mariosevilla brooklynbedding com.

As noted on the TMU membership page, Most discounts and bonuses are on regular ā€œmattressā€ purchases and in most cases canā€™t be ā€œstackedā€ with other lower promotions or sale prices. For full details please check the Details Page for each TMU Member. But through December, Brooklyn Bedding has been making special offers for TMU members.

Hopefully Mario can help expedite things for you.

Phoenix

After an e-mail to Mario, the local store owner called me 2 hours later, and I think we are all sorted now. The tmu10 code does work with this sale because the sale doesnā€™t require a code. The sale goes until Dec. 25. Itā€™s a great time to buy a Brooklyn Bedding mattress.

Hi makesunshine,

Thanks for taking the time to post back that you were able to get your Brooklyn Bedding discount situation resolved. :cheer:

Phoenix

Really appreciate the wealth of information on this site. Thanks!

Hi betradom,

Thank you for your kind words and for visiting The Mattress Undergroundā„¢
We hope the holiday season is bringing you good health and peace. :slight_smile:

Phoenix

After much research and shopping around, testing countless mattress brands, settled on the purchase of a Parklane mattress (the ā€œWestoverā€) from their store in Vancouver, WA. During the sales process, inquired about the TMU discount/bonus and was informed by a most knowledgeable and helpful sales lady Elizabeth, who stated that just today Parklane changed their TMU discount policy from one of giving out a high tech pillow as a purchase bonus to a straight up 5% discount!

Hi mommabear,

Congratulations on your new Mattress. :lol:

Parklane Mattresses is of our site members which means that I think very highly of them and that I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency.

I am glad that you used the excellent service and expert advice that Parklane Mattresses extends to all their customers. They are one of the manufacturing members of this site and like all the members here I think very highly of and consider them to be among the ā€œbest of the bestā€ in the industry. They are very knowledgeable and never fail to guide their customers to make the best possible choices out of the many options they have available.

Thank you for taking the time to notify us of the new discount, I am glad to know that the new and better discount is already operational and that you were able to take advantage of it.

As Parklane Mattresses recently became one of our Experts here Parklane Mattresses Expert Questions & Answers (see the newly opened section of our website: TALK TO OUR EXPERTS) you can reach out directly to them for any updates you might have (or guidance you might need) I am sure theyā€™ll be happy to hear back from you. Clicking on an article you will be able to create a new topic which will be accessible both through our Mattress Forum and through the Expert Member Sections.

Note: Only a few Experts are at the moment functional and able to answer questions but Parklane Mattress is an early bird and youā€™ll be able to connect with them.:slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thanks so much for all your time in providing the wealth of information and advice on this site. Although it has complicated my decision-making process, it has done so in a positive way, and made me look much more closely at all the variables as I approach this major purchase. Amazingly, although I am now almost 60 years old, I have never approached the purchase of a mattress and bed with the proper balance of research, testing and thought. That has already changed this time around, as I start to narrow down my choices. Thanks again!

Hi JB747.

I appreciate your kind words. I am glad we can help :slight_smile:
Enjoy the adventure, and let me know how things progress for you.

Phoenix

I hate to askā€¦ but I noticed Dreamfoam and Brooklyn Bedding are no longer displayed on the ā€œOur Trusted Membersā€ listing page. Are they no longer TMU members?

Has Pure Crafted Beds closed? Attempting to call the number on the web site results in a ā€œno longer in serviceā€ message.

If not, does anyone have an alternate number for them?

Not only that, I notice Brooklyn Bedding has been removed from the Simplified Choice mattress thread. Others who are not members have their mattress listed there.

Another thing is that I seem to be able to reply to posts but I am unable to start a new thread. What is up with that?

Hi drm870.

You are correct Dreamfoam and Brooklyn bedding are no longer a member of the TMU.

Hi dealeaver.

[indent]We have not been informed that Pure Crafted Beds has closed, and we do not have an alternative customer phone number on file.
But in talking with them a few months ago I know that thy are working on multiple fronts and that they are planning to relaunch the brand sometimes in March.[/indent]

Hi Napper.

[indent]Brooklyn Bedding listing was temporarily removed and will be added back next week in a different location in the listing.
During the holiday season we suspended the creating new threads until we make some structural changes to the forum and implement the ā€œTalk to the Expertsā€ section on The Mattress Underground (TMU). You can always contact any of Expert members on TMU that are fully set up. Replying to any of their articles would create a new thread and topic in the forum. [/indent]

Phoenix