Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Hi chisav,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile: and thank you for the nice words about TMU.

Congratulations on the King 13" from Sleep EZ, one of our loyal members providing excellent service and quality/value products. I am glad our site was helpful in finding info on the bed/frame. We have heard people tell us that in the past. Good luck with your new mattress and let us know if you have any updates or questions.

Phoenix

It looks like the Sleepopolis code (8%) for Nest Bedding may work out better in some cases depending on the size/type of mattress you are ordering.

Are there any others I am missing for Nest Bedding that may not be posted in the Trusted Members section?

Just joined and wanted to thank you for this great resource! This really is a daunting process but I think Iā€™ve finally figured out what I like (innerspring with latex)!

Hi emilyadi.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile: Youā€™re very welcome, and Iā€™m happy that youā€™ve found us.

I am glad that you settled on the feel you like ā€œinnerspring with latexā€ this layer combination is a favorite choice among many customers for many reasons ā€¦ the next step is to find the most appropriate firmness in terms of comfort/support for your specific needs. The process can be ā€œdauntingā€ but like with everything of importance, this is time and energy well spent and we are here to help along the way. B)

Let us know if you have any questions.
Phoenix

Just signed up here, really appreciate the more genuine helpful info found here that doesnā€™t read like a marketing brochure from one of the mattress companies. Very difficult to do research but this site certainly helps. Thanks!

Hi Shinobot,

Welcome to the forum :).

Glad to have you here, and I love the line you used:

That really is a great and honest opinion, compliment and constructive criticism. We are working on this and I certainly appreciate your candor.

Iā€™m not sure what youā€™ve read since you found the site but just in case you havenā€™t read it yet ā€¦ the first place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice ā€¦ and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure youā€™ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best ā€œmatchā€ for you in terms of ā€œcomfortā€, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesnā€™t turn out as well as you hoped for.
Additionally, post #13 here explains more about the most important parts of the ā€œvalueā€ of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other choices.

I look forward to your next post with any questions you may have.
Phoenix

Thank you for creating this site & making it available to all of us consumers looking for a new mattress. Iā€™ve been reading up for the past week. It seems most of my questions are answered except for which exact mattresses on the market today meet my criteria & budget. But thatā€™s a separate post and I think I can muddle through the makers and get an answer to that question.

Hey Lee_WSP,

Welcome to the mattress forum:).

Thank you for those nice words and please donā€™t hesitate to post if you have other questions. Good luck!

Thanks,
Sensei

Not sure if this is the best topic to locate this post, but it seemed like a fit! First, THANK YOU so much for the TMU site. My wife and I are 56 & 58, empty-nesters downsizing our house size about 50%. We have different sleep styles and weights. I snore! We had a 5 yr old ā€œBrand Nameā€ mattress that was amazing for 6 months, less comfortable by the year mark, and torture by 18 months. It is NOT making the move with us in August! I finally stumbled onto TMU after many hours, over several weeks of researching mattresses and components. A lot of what I read confirmed what I thought I knew, and much more was brand new and helped put ā€œall the pieces togetherā€ for me.

Long story, short; we felt we wanted a spring hybrid and I was thinking Latex, but there were NO dealers in our Jacksonville, Florida area where we could ā€œtestā€ a few beds to compare. By using your Trusted Members list, I was able to find Fox Mattress only 90 minutesā€™ drive away. We planned a trip and were lucky to connect with Chelsea - the ownerā€™s daughter upon arrival. We spent two hours discussing and sampling beds and materials. She was patient and definitely an expert. We thought we needed split (internal or otherwise) bedding to make us both happy. Instead we wound up with a mattress that has a ton of support (L&P QE Elite Coils, Latex AND their Soy-based foam for a pillowy top that is VERY dense - I think 3.5 lb??). Yay. Also, it is flippable, so bonus there. Yes, we spent more than we planned, but he mattress value is really much more than the extra cost.

When we first walked in, we said we had been researching and looking on-line for some time and decided to drive down from JAX. Chelsea immediately said ā€œMattress Undergroundā€. She gave us the TMU discount without us mentioning it at all, and that was after working out a deal for us to afford the addition of an adjustable base. Great folks, who appear to make a great product. I just wanted to thank you for the site, the recommendation, and also confirm directly that Fox is a great place. Of course, this is all before we even get to sleep on our new mattress, as our house is being built! Will update with more comment on the actual mattress after a few nights sleep.

Hi KTsoundman,

Welcome to our mattress forum :).

Great post, thank you so much for posting. I moved it into itā€™s own thread about Fox Mattress, itā€™s better this way for all. Great story, I am not surprised as Chelsea Carter is the third generation Carter to help manage the business. Yes they are truly experts and I am quite confident in the value of the materials they used, and the service you will get.

Well done with the summary and we will look for your updates in August. Good luck with the move!!!

Thanks,
Sensei

Hello!

Thank you for this wonderful forum. Iā€™ve been strongly considering CozyPure. As a side sleeper, I called this morning and they recommended a medium firmness (on the Queen size). Do you think one of their mattress toppers would be needed as well or is just the mattress going to do the trick?

Thank again,
Cameron

Hi seeaemearohin,

Welcome to our mattress forum! :slight_smile: ā€¦ and thank you for your kind words.

I am glad that you talked to Cozypure. I greatly trust their knowledge and expertise and as you know they are trusted members of our mattress site which means that I think highly of and consider to be the best in the industry. You did not provide any specific details (BMI, seeping positions, history with other beds, etcā€¦) but sticking with CozyPure recommendation is probably the safest route to get a bed that is a good match for you. Only after sleeping on it for some time, maybe 20-30 days, you can reevaluate and decide whether or not you need the topper.

I look forward to your future updates or any other questions you may have and good luck with this decision.

Phoenix

Just wanted to report back about our purchase of a mattress at Sleeponlatex.com with the discount from TMU. All went very well; no issues. Very satisfied with the process that in large part began here at TMU. Regarding the mattress itself we have only just set it up. Thanks for the comprehensive information.

Hey Dcfas,

Thank you so much for the update on SOL, and you are very welcome, glad it can help.

Thanks
Sensei

I almost made a huge mistake buying a ā€œwell rated for everyoneā€ mattress but decided to do a bit more research, scared of how confused I would get - but this forum actually made it really easy and Iā€™m confident Iā€™m making a decision on a quality bed that can hopefully be tweaked to our needs!

Hi Allsilco.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your kind words. I am glad that our site and forum helped you bypass most of the misleading information, confusion, and frustration of mattress shopping, Hopefully, can work with mattress people who have your long term interests at heart, and help make sure that you can ā€œtweak the bed to your needsā€

Good luck! and of course ā€¦ you are always free to post on the forum if you have any questions along the way.

Phoenix

Thank you everybody for providing unbiased and useful information!

Long time lurker but Iā€™m finally embarking on a DIY project after sleeping on a BIAB mattress that has given me lower back and hip pain as a side sleeper. After some local testing I realized that the much suggested 3x3 (SMF) configuration is too firm for me. Iā€™m open to an all latex or hybrid mattress as long as I can get enough contouring as well as long term support.

Mattress shopping is incredibly arduous but this forum makes things a little bit better!

Hey SleepySlumberParty,

Welcome to the TMU Forum :slight_smile: ! Thanks for your kind words on the site and for your question.

Congrats on your new DIY mattress project :cheer: ! Good to hear that you have access to local resources for testing materials, trial and error are definitely part of this process, as well understanding your comfort preferences for different materials in the component layers. You will find many useful resources available here, as well as plenty of TMU trusted member support. Phoenix offers some good advice in these posts,ā€œDIY latex mattress stackingā€, as well as ā€œDifferent directions for buying a mattressā€ you may enjoy. Also of interest are the consumer subscribers who have shared their fascinating ā€œDIY into the Wildā€ journeys, be sure to check out their thoughts as well.

Looking to hearing more as your work beginsā€¦

Cheers,
Sensei

Canā€™t figure out how to create a thread, and noticed a lot of people writing hereā€¦

Does anyone have experience with matermoll mattresses sold in the USA by Global resource registry? Theyā€™re Italian made mattresses commonly used in high end suites on cruise ships

Hey Eddieknj,

Thanks for your question :slight_smile: .

[quote]Canā€™t figure out how to create a thread, and noticed a lot of people writing hereā€¦Does anyone have experience with matermoll mattresses sold in the USA by Global resource registry?
[/quote]

Sorry to hear that you had problems starting a thread, I can do that for you so that your topic will get additional response. To help the TMU Forum better understand what your interests are with Matermoll, could you explain a bit more about what you are researching?

Global Resources Registry is a supplier to the Hospitality industry, offering a variety of imported mattresses, accessories and components to hotels and cruise lines. They also have available online purchase and direct-to-consumer shipping of their products. I did some checking and found GRRā€™s showroom located in Miami; Matermollā€™s website, however is currently under construction, not much going on there from an informational standpoint.

After your response on what your interests are, Iā€™ll rename your post something more suitable :slight_smile: .

Thanks,
Sensei