Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Hi,

I just wanted to post a quick word of thanks to Phoenix for the wealth of information found on this site and all the attention you give to everyone who comes here looking for help and advice. Iā€™ve been shopping for a new mattress for weeks now, and Iā€™ve not settled on anything as of yet, but Iā€™m sure I would have been suckered into a dumb purchase without all of the advice I found on this site and the strong endorsement from someone who clearly knows a thing or 2 about mattresses.

Iā€™m debating between a pocket innerspring with latex topping or a complete latex bed. They both have advantages I like and with the wealth of manufacturers listed here I know Iā€™ll find the one that is just right for me.

Hi doonman,

Iā€™m glad you found us as well :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up choosing and of course if you have questions along the way feel free to post them here.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

Thanks very much for your forum; itā€™s been a great help!

Iā€™m now leaning towards select foamā€™s Regalis HD.

Hi Wiley Fyrus,

Iā€™m glad you found us :slight_smile:

If you have tested the Tempurpedic Rhapsody and itā€™s a good match for you in terms of PPP then the Regalis would be a good option.

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out about your final choice.

Phoenix

Thanks for the great site; itā€™s been very informative. Iā€™m looking at purchasing an ultra plush (19 ILD) latex topper from Brooklyn Bedding to put on an OMF Orthopedic Super Pillowtop thatā€™s a lot firmer than the one in the store was. Iā€™m hoping that will make the mattress significantly more comfortable, especially for my wife.

Hi ewhodges,

19 ILD latex would certainly be in the ā€œsoftā€ range for most people.

How long have you had your mattress? If the showroom model was softer than yours then thatā€™s usually an indication that your mattress will soften a little once it breaks in and I would tend to wait for at least 30 days or so before adding a topper or making any other changes to your mattress or sleeping system.

Post #2 here may also be worth reading if a mattress purchase is initially too firm.

Phoenix

Phoenix,

Thank you for providing this forum and giving us access to your vast knowledge on the subject.

It has been an excellent resource thus far.

zwykel

Hi zwykel,

Iā€™m glad you found us and that the site has been helpful for you :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Along with most other folks on this forum, I have to say thanks for what youā€™ve done to provide a place to gather information. Iā€™m surprised at the large number of ā€œundergroundā€ mattress manufacturers in the upper Midwest, and even more surprised at the depth presented in the articles on the site.

Iā€™m starting out hunting sleeping on a mattress that is older than I am (King Koil from 35+ years ago) which is actually still doing well. Iā€™m sure this was made before the shift to cut costs, but Iā€™m hoping to find something which will be able to last even half as long. I have a feeling itā€™s going to be difficult to learn how to lie on a bed with fresh/appropriate support, but based on what Iā€™m hearing, it is likely to be an improvement.

Hi goldem,

Wow ā€¦ it would sure be interesting to know what was inside your mattress that it lasted so long. I guess the saying ā€œthey donā€™t make em like they used toā€ comes to mind (unless of course your mattress is latex) :slight_smile:

Iā€™m glad you found us and if you have any comments or questions along the way feel free to post them on the forum.

Phoenix

Hi Pheonix

Iā€™ve been reading through your site gathering as much info as I can. My wife and I are off tomorrow to start looking at latex mattresses in the Toronto area. We currently have an old big chain spring pillow top mattress thatā€™s long overdue for an upgrade. Both my wife and I suffer some minor lower back pain so we are really hoping to find something that can help ease our aches.

Wish us luck!

Hi Nikels,

Good luck ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :).

Iā€™m looking forward to hearing about your Toronto shopping experiences.

Phoenix

Thanks for the great info. I really felt like an informed consumer. Just purchased a king natural talalay from sleep Ez and as a underground member I saved 5percent

Mesen001

Hi messen001,

Youā€™re very welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us.

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know I think highly of SleepEz and I think you made a great choice.

I hope you have the chance to share your feedback when youā€™ve received it.

Phoenix

Phoenix -

Wanted to thank you for providing me with all the tools needed to find the perfect mattress (for us)! The amount of information here is absolutely astonishing and without this information Iā€™m sure that we would have made an uninformed and regretful decision. Cheers!

• Ben

Hi bevans,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hi! Thank you for this wonderful resource!

I wanted to thank you for all the WONDERFUL information!! It has made finding a new mattress online so much easier!

Phoenix,

This is a great site and very useful resource for mattress shopping. I had no idea how to objectively compare and evaluate memory foam mattresses until I came here.

After doing a bunch of research and taking a couple trips to our local mattress stores, my wife and I have decided to purchase a Select Foam Regalis online. We really liked the feel of the Tempur-Pedic Rhapsody and I understand these models are very similar.

Thanks again for the great information!

Hi MJ13 and txrunner06,

Welcome to both of you!

@txrunner06,

Congratulations on your new mattress :).

You certainly made a good quality/value choice and I hope you have the chance to share your feedback when youā€™ve received it.

Phoenix