Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

This site was a huge help for a young adult with his first ‘real’ job looking to upgrade a veeery old mattress. Thank you guys so much! Also thanks for the free pillow from Dreamfoam too ha. :wink:

I have found so much useful information on this site! Thank you. I researched a ton before finding the Arizona Mattress Company site and it was really clear to me that I was not reading a sales pitch when I poured over Ken’s pages there. I plan to order our blended latex king mattress tomorrow. I found this site after having found his, so this has proven to me that I was correct in my feeling about the integrity of that company.

I would like to say that it may be taken for granted that latex is the healthiest sleeping option out there, but it was not something I knew much about until recently. I’m pretty excited about this change, and would just like to put it out there that in my research I have also discovered that the healthiest and most natural linens are actually LINEN. No I do not sell linen, but I would highly recommend anyone making a large purchase such as a latex bed also get educated on the health benefits of sleeping on 100% linen.

Anyway, thanks for such an awesome site!
-Bee

Hi beebaby,

You’re certainly heading in a great direction IMO. As you know Arizona Premium is a member here and I think very highly of their knowledge and experience.

I also share your thoughts about linen sheets and they have been the subject of a number of good threads on the forum. A forum search on “linen sheets” will bring up most of them :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hello new member here dropping in to say thank you for providing such a great site to help people make the best possible decision on a mattress.

Hi edog45,

I’m glad you found us and that the site could help you.

I hope you have the chance to let us know what you end up choosing and of course if you have questions along the way don’t hesitate to post them on the forum.

Phoenix

I am really happy I found this site. I have been googling for days. Finally decided to buy a Serta on Overstock, but decided to do one more google search and found you guys. The information has been really helpful. Made a call today to Quality Sleep and the person I spoke helped me find a great option. I will be ordering from them now. I would never had heard of them if I hadn’t seen this web site. So thank you!

Hi 2mom2,

I’m glad you found us with “one last” google search.

Quality Sleep is certainly has some high quality/value options and as you know are great to deal with.

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thank you for your information. I am ordering my latex mattress today! Wish me luck!!!

Hi run2yoga,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I think you made a great choice in dealing with Quality Sleep / My Green Mattress and I’m looking forward to your feedback when you receive it.

Phoenix

Hi,

I just wanted to post a quick word of thanks to Phoenix for the wealth of information found on this site and all the attention you give to everyone who comes here looking for help and advice. I’ve been shopping for a new mattress for weeks now, and I’ve not settled on anything as of yet, but I’m sure I would have been suckered into a dumb purchase without all of the advice I found on this site and the strong endorsement from someone who clearly knows a thing or 2 about mattresses.

I’m debating between a pocket innerspring with latex topping or a complete latex bed. They both have advantages I like and with the wealth of manufacturers listed here I know I’ll find the one that is just right for me.

Hi doonman,

I’m glad you found us as well :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up choosing and of course if you have questions along the way feel free to post them here.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

Thanks very much for your forum; it’s been a great help!

I’m now leaning towards select foam’s Regalis HD.

Hi Wiley Fyrus,

I’m glad you found us :slight_smile:

If you have tested the Tempurpedic Rhapsody and it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP then the Regalis would be a good option.

I’m looking forward to finding out about your final choice.

Phoenix

Thanks for the great site; it’s been very informative. I’m looking at purchasing an ultra plush (19 ILD) latex topper from Brooklyn Bedding to put on an OMF Orthopedic Super Pillowtop that’s a lot firmer than the one in the store was. I’m hoping that will make the mattress significantly more comfortable, especially for my wife.

Hi ewhodges,

19 ILD latex would certainly be in the “soft” range for most people.

How long have you had your mattress? If the showroom model was softer than yours then that’s usually an indication that your mattress will soften a little once it breaks in and I would tend to wait for at least 30 days or so before adding a topper or making any other changes to your mattress or sleeping system.

Post #2 here may also be worth reading if a mattress purchase is initially too firm.

Phoenix

Phoenix,

Thank you for providing this forum and giving us access to your vast knowledge on the subject.

It has been an excellent resource thus far.

zwykel

Hi zwykel,

I’m glad you found us and that the site has been helpful for you :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Along with most other folks on this forum, I have to say thanks for what you’ve done to provide a place to gather information. I’m surprised at the large number of “underground” mattress manufacturers in the upper Midwest, and even more surprised at the depth presented in the articles on the site.

I’m starting out hunting sleeping on a mattress that is older than I am (King Koil from 35+ years ago) which is actually still doing well. I’m sure this was made before the shift to cut costs, but I’m hoping to find something which will be able to last even half as long. I have a feeling it’s going to be difficult to learn how to lie on a bed with fresh/appropriate support, but based on what I’m hearing, it is likely to be an improvement.

Hi goldem,

Wow … it would sure be interesting to know what was inside your mattress that it lasted so long. I guess the saying “they don’t make em like they used to” comes to mind (unless of course your mattress is latex) :slight_smile:

I’m glad you found us and if you have any comments or questions along the way feel free to post them on the forum.

Phoenix

Hi Pheonix

I’ve been reading through your site gathering as much info as I can. My wife and I are off tomorrow to start looking at latex mattresses in the Toronto area. We currently have an old big chain spring pillow top mattress that’s long overdue for an upgrade. Both my wife and I suffer some minor lower back pain so we are really hoping to find something that can help ease our aches.

Wish us luck!