Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

First Post, been looking around. Came across this site while looking for cross references to a local mattress manufacturer here in Fort Worth, Tx (mattress factory). Starting to look for a replacement mattress, my last experience with mattress giant and mattress firm left me so irritated I opted out of buying a mattress and ended up getting a hand me down. I have an immediate need for a twin mattress for one of my children so I think I will use it as an excuse to check out and test mattress factory for the purchase of my bed. Anyway, neat little site here, after I see what I like I plan on comming back here and prodding around and see what the sales pitch they give me means.

Hi apf6580,

Welcome :slight_smile:

Your experience should be very different from your previous chain store experiences. I’m looking forward to your comments or questions after your visit.

Phoenix

First Post

I am in the Orlando area and have been looking for a new mattress and came across this forum. Lots of good info.

Thinking about going to Fox’s Mattress in Daytona Beach to get something made. Any feedback on them?

Hi gator4god,

As you may know from your reading here Fox Mattress is one of the members of this site which means that I think very highly of them and Rick the owner and I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency. They would certainly be well worth a visit. A forum search on fox mattress (you can just click the link) will bring up more information and feedback from other members about them as well.

If you do decide to pay them a visit (which I would certainly encourage) then I’m looking forward to your feedback after your visit.

Phoenix

Hi, new here. I have spent the day researching affordable memory foam and other foam matresses. Several brands that I have never heard of that I am thankful I found because of the awesome info on this site. So, thank you!

I have had a tempurpedic rhapsody since 2008, and I really loved the bed. However, recent divorce and the ex is keeping it. While looking for alternatives, I found this site which led me to Casper, Tuft & Needle and Christeli. Ilove the price of the T&N 10" and the sale price on the Christeli Versailles. The Casper seems nice as well, just not sure if it is worth the premium over the other two.

Obviously I am on a budget and a bed so hard it is bruising my hips. Its an inherited Dux Elect/1001 combo made in Switzerland. the pressure points are insane. I need a nice mattress to put on the base 1001.

Thanks!

Hi Erik in sac,

I’m guessing you may have already seen this but the mattress shopping tutorial includes this link to some of the better online memory foam manufacturers and retailers that I’m aware of.

If you are in a lower budget range similar to the Tuft & Needle then post #4 here includes more information about some of the better options I’m aware of for memory foam or polyfoam mattresses that are in lower budget ranges (including Tuft & Needle).

Posts #3 and #4 here also includes some options for latex or latex hybrid mattresses that are in a similar or lower budget range to the Casper mattress that may also be worth considering.

If your Dux is still in good condition and there are no sags of soft spots in any of the layers or spring components then a topper may be all you need (instead of a complete mattress) to add the additional pressure relief you need. There is more in post #2 here and the topper guidelines that it links to that may be helpful in choosing a topper if you decide to go in that direction.

Phoenix

Awesome Phoenix, thanks, really appreciate the links!

Thanks to what I’ve read on this site and my own considerations as far as my budget, heat retention, etc., I’ve selected a Dreamfoam Latex Queen Mattress. I’ll be going with the level 7 softness and getting the free pillow too. Thanks Mattress Underground!

Hi Renorei,

I think you’ve made a great quality/value choice … and congratulations on your new mattress.

I hope you have the chance to share your comments and feedback after you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Thank goodness I found this site! This is my first post.

I ordered the Dreamfoam Ultimate Dreams King Eurotop Latex Mattress from Amazon for just $999 shipped! Although it’s not a full latex mattress, I believe that this is a good compromise in terms of price and value.

After I ordered, Chuck immediately contacted me regarding the firmness I wanted. I’m still going back and forth between 6 and 7 because I read that these beds tend to be a little more firm.

Because of this awesome site, I should be getting a free latex pillow from Dreamfoam. The Dreamfoam will be replacing a 10+ year old Simmons Beautyrest – I can’t wait for all the restful nights coming soon.

Anyone have any tips on the firmness of the Dreamfoam?

Hi misterleon,

Congratulations on your new mattress … and I agree that you certainly made a great quality/value choice :slight_smile:

Each person has their own definition of what they consider to be soft or firm depending on their body type, sleeping style, and personal preferences and sensitivities and a mattress that is too firm for one person can be too soft for the next so the best suggestion I would have is to talk with Dreamfoam on the phone so you can tell them more about you and any other mattresses you have tested or slept well on in the past so they can “talk you through” their firmness options and help you make the initial choice that has the best chance of working well for you. While you have the option to exchange your comfort layer if you need to as a “backup” … it’s always preferable of course (and will save the exchange costs) to make the best choice the first time and they have more experience in helping their customers make their firmness choices than anyone else because they do this every day.

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding and of course your feedback once you receive it as well.

Phoenix

I utilized this wonderful site heavily when researching mattresses a few years ago, and got a great latex twin bed from Sleep Ez.

Now it is time to get a king, and I find myself back here again, checking up on things again before I purchase. Noticed the discount this time around! Thanks for such an amazingly useful site.

I am very happy with the feel of my twin, but I need a bigger bed! Going back to Sleep Ez for a king.

Hi tisket,

Welcome … and I’m glad the site could help you both then and now!

As you know I think very highly of SleepEZ and I think you are making another great choice. The discount was always part of the membership here and SleepEZ was one of the original members when the site first started so it’s possible you didn’t read about it or know to register and post before you made your purchase when you were here previously.

In any case you know about it this time … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I’m so glad I found this site. We are going to look at mattresses today and hopefully purchase one.

Hi Christina,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! … and I’m glad you found us :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding … and of course any comments or questions you may have along the way.

Phoenix

great resource this site is.

Hi jvegas,

Welcome … and I’m glad you found us as well :slight_smile:

Phoenix

So glad to use the underground as a resource when researching beds. Finally settled on a dreamfoam after much searching.

thanks Phoenix

Hi bstockbhappy,

I’m also glad that you found your way here as well and that the forum could help you.

Most importantly … congratulations on your new mattress :).

I hope you have the chance to share your feedback after you receive it.

Phoenix

I ‘second’ this vote of thanks. I feel informed now, and was so glad to find out about this site. Site works well too --thanks for the links. . . AND the member discount. I’m going to visit the knowledgeable Neal at the Spindle Mattress warehouse in Acton, MA, for a ‘test drive.’
Best,
Dee