Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Hi bulacawa,

I switched your post to a new topic of its own so it would be easier to find and your posts wouldn’t get mixed up with the other comments in a more generic topic.

The first place I would start your mattress research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice.

There are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to be able to predict whether a mattress will be the best match for someone else based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here). When you can’t test a mattress in person … then a more detailed conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced online retailer or manufacturer who can help “talk you through” the options they have that would have the best chance of success based on “averages” for your body type and sleeping positions is the most effective approach. They will know more about their mattresses and helping to “match” their customers to different models than anyone else.

In the case of Select Foam (and some other manufacturers) … their mattresses are designed to approximate the mattresses in the Tempurpedic lineup. The Grandis is designed to approximate the Tempurpedic GrandBed and they use the same or higher quality materials. If you have done some careful testing on the GrandBed using the testing guidelines in the tutorial post and it’s the best match for you out of all the Tempurpedic mattresses then the Grandis would likely make a good choice. Select foam is also a member of this site which means that I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality and value.

You can read more of my thoughts about Bedinabox in post #2 here and as you can see in the guidelines here … I wouldn’t suggest buying any mattress that uses more than about an inch or so of lower quality/density 3 lb memory foam when there are many better quality choices available to you.

Phoenix