Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Phoenix,
THANK YOU for the direction and instructions to follow.
I will do as you suggest and get back with you.

Iā€™m in the process of moving today and since I donā€™t have a bed I have to get a temporary Aero Mattress from Bed,Bath and Beyond. We wonā€™t need to discuss Aero Mattress since itā€™s only temporary :S

Thank you again,

Hi Maxie,

Youā€™re very welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding ā€¦ and of course any comments or questions you may have along the way.

Phoenix

I registered, and trying to see what discounts are available. Need to look for Latex after bad reaction to Tempur / memoryfoam fumes.

Hi Shiftdelete,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

The membership list here includes the retailers or manufacturers that are invited members of the site and the discount or bonus that each of them provide to the forum members here.

Just in case you havenā€™t read it yet ā€¦ I would start with the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices ā€¦ and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

There is also more in post #13 here about the most important parts of the ā€œvalueā€ of a mattress purchase that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

Phoenix

Just signed up and starting my search for the mattress that will save my marriage! (Joking!) My wife is all of 100 pounds at 5ā€™@" and cannot wake up without her lower back hurting. We just got a new King SAATVA mattress. I am fine with it, she is miserable. We had a Temperpedic which we both ended up hating (Straight to the guest room!).

Anywayā€¦any help would be great. Starting with the "A"s and working down the list. We generally like tall mattresses, but if there is no choice because of this, then we are open to suggestions.

Glad to be here.

Mike

Hi mvelotas,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us.

The first place I would start is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choice.

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding ā€¦ and of course any comments or questions you may have along the way.

Phoenix

I just registered after spending at least a week on here reading through the articles and forum. After visiting a few local stores with my new-found knowledge, Iā€™m amazed by how little most of the mattress dealers in my area know about what theyā€™re selling.

I plan on purchasing a mattress through either Dream Foam Bedding or Brooklyn Bedding after a little bit more research. Thanks for setting this up! :cheer:

Hi mptolman,

As sad as it is ā€¦ most people who have spent an hour or two on the site will know more meaningful information about mattresses and mattress materials and components than most of the salespeople who sell them in the mainstream industry.

As you probably know I think highly of both Dreamfoam and Brooklyn Bedding and they are sister companies that make different lines of mattresses (see post #4 here and post #3 here). Both are members of the site.

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding.

Phoenix

thanks for all this great information! looking forward to narrowing down my choices.

Hi catmac215,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us as well :).

Iā€™m also looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding ā€¦ and of course your comments or questions along the way.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

Thanks for the info! We just moved for the first time since our wedding years ago, and basically didnā€™t have a clue about how to go about mattress shopping. And after total sticker shock at some nearby stores, we felt overwhelmed. Then some friends pointed us here: great site, very useful! I think weā€™ll try the Tuft & needle, it looks promising.

Just wanted to say thanks!

YT,

-Will get some sleep in Seattle :slight_smile:

Hi asleepinseattle,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :slight_smile:

As you probably know Tuft & Needle is one of the members here which means that I think highly of them and I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry. They would certainly make a good choice for someone that was looking for a firmer polyfoam mattress. Best of all ā€¦ they have a great return policy which means that you can test it in your home to make sure itā€™s a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) with little to no risk.

I hope you have the chance to update us once you pull the trigger and of course once youā€™ve had the chance to sleep on it as well.

Phoenix

So glad I found this forum. Thank you for all the hard work that you do to maintain it!

Hi wildlifenut,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :).

Phoenix

So glad I found this site early in my purchase process - I didnā€™t know how much I didnā€™t know. Iā€™ve scheduled an appointment with Neal at Spindle Mattress on Friday for some testing, and maybe using this great discount opportunity. :silly:

Hi Tom2014,

You are certainly looking in a great direction and as you know, I and other forum members that have purchased from them think highly of Neal and Spindle mattress and the quality and value of his mattresses.

Phoenix

Got my discount via Amazon - Ultimate Dreams Queen Eurotop Latex Mattress - from DreamFoam Bedding (Chuck).
WINNING!

I hope I have made the right choice as I suffer from back surgeries- L5S1 4 screws,2 rods and a bone spacerā€¦about to get C6-7 done tooā€¦
I really need a nice mattress as a side sleeper who only gets 5-6 hours of sleep a night.

We bought the support frame too and the cover- Iā€™ll report more when it gets home.

Brotherbob

Hi brotherbob,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

You certainly made a great quality/value choice and Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback when you receive it.

Just to clarify as well ā€¦ Iā€™m assuming that by ā€œdiscountā€ you mean the ā€œpillow bonusā€ that Dreamfoam provides to the members here because they donā€™t have a discount for Amazon purchases ā€¦ only for purchases that are made from their Dreamfoam site for their customers that use the discount code from their facebook site.

Phoenix

Iā€™ve spent forever on this siteā€¦ love the depth of information about a purchase that I will use probably more than anything else that I own. Iā€™ll be back after my trial for a review. You should add a Reviews section!

Hi joycie,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up buying and of course any comments or feedback you have the chance to share as well.

I believe there are already too many review sites on the web and Iā€™m not a big fan of the value or usefulness of mattress reviews so itā€™s not likely that I would add one (see post #13 here). While I always welcome feedback about the mattresses that the members here have purchased and encourage it ā€¦ by using the forum search function to bring up information about any particular mattress they are interested in the search results will include a mix of reviews and feedback (about the mattress and/or the business they purchased from) but also posts that discuss much more important aspects of a mattress purchase such as the quality and durability of the materials in the mattress and whether a mattress has any weak links in its design so the members have a much more detailed picture of the quality and value of the mattress they are purchasing and are less likely to let other peopleā€™s experiences on a mattress (that may be very different from their own) influence their purchase decision.

At some point I may add a review section that only allows mattress reviews if they include all the specs of the mattress being reviewed and also includes the body type and sleeping positions of the person or people sleeping on the mattress so they would include more relevant information but that may be difficult to monitor.

Phoenix