Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Hello again,
The advice has gotten me thinking in a different direction. In terms of PPP, my husband’s and my preferences are different so now I’m thinking that the flexibility afforded by the Dreamfoam 12-in-1 might better suit our needs and budget (as opposed to the “one size fits all” with return options). According to what I’ve read here, the quality/durability of these mattresses is good. We will probably order two twins from Dreamfoam (and not a split king).
In terms of foundations for the mattresses, we will check to determine whether the foundations work with our antique wooden bed frames which appear to support a standard size (they measure 39"x77"). However, I’m confused about whether, with these mattresses, we’d be better off with the Ultimate Dreams Simple Life foundation or whether we’d be better off with KD wooden foundations (similar prices). If the former, then I’m wondering if there is a difference between the Ultimate Dreams Simple Life foundation (available from Dreamfoam for $189 minus the 10% discount) and the Simple Life foundation (available on the Brooklyn Bedding site for $170)?
Sorry if I’m being a pain, but I really appreciate the input and wealth of information from the Mattress Forum! Thanks!

Hi lms1,

The 12 in 1 customizable is certainly a great quality/value option and is very flexible choice because of the options you would have available to customize the comfort or support of the mattress after a purchase. It uses 2 lb polyfoam which is a good quality material and there aren’t any “weak links” in the mattress.

I would be aware that a regular twin size is only 75" long so if you are taller then a split king (which is the equivalent of two separate twin XL mattresses which are each 80" long) may be a better choice although it doesn’t seem that it would fit your bedframe. I would measure your bedframe carefully to make sure that the regular twin size fits.

They would both be suitable for this mattress.

I’m fairly certain that the Simple Life foundation on the Dreamfoam Amazon site and the Brooklyn Bedding site are the same product and would be the same price with the 10% discount that goes with ordering from the Dreamfoam site (see their facebook page here).

Phoenix

Thanks, heading to Spindle Mattress this weekend and will appreciate the discount!

Hi rwaystack,

You’re fortunate that Spindle is so close to you and you are certainly looking at a great option.

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback after your visit.

Phoenix

I got referred to this website through a friend, and wow…I admire your dedication and knowledge to help the rest of us. Thanks! Looking forward to finding the right mattress.

Hi spartan914,

Welcome … and I’m glad you found your way here :slight_smile:

There is a lot of information here but just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place to start is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and perhaps most importantly help with how and why to avoid the worst ones.

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding and of course any comments or questions you may have along the way.

Phoenix

Phoenix, thank you for the wealth of information you have provided on this website! I am off to Mattress Makers in San Diego this afternoon and will use your guidelines to help me reach a decision.

Thanks so much! My wife and I traveled two hours each way to visit Spindle Mattress in Acton MA today. We were met by Neal in the very modest “showroom” where we learned a bit more about the continuous latex process. We were most anxious to just try each level of firmness, as we had visited on Cape Cod store had only one level (medium) of all, pure latex mattresses. At the Cape Cod store, the medium just felt too soft for us and there was no way to adjust any of the three levels of latex in their mattresses. Thus the visit again to this site to find another location in New England that we could go to actually try each mattress firmness.

At Spindle, they do have four queen beds set up, with a soft, medium, firm and extra firm set up. The Abscond as you know has three 3" layers of dunlop latex topped by a 1" cotton cover over wool fill. We started at the firm, knowing the soft would be much to soft for us, and we went to firm and finally the extra firm. We quickly decided on the extra firm set up and ordered immediately for a deliver next week. As we are far overdue for a mattress, we decided on the mattress and their own custom foundation, which with the discount (thank you very much!) came to less than $1700. We anxiously await our delivery and will most certainly report back on delivery, our setup and the results of sleeping on this Spindle Abscond Mattress.

Thank you for dedication to this site and assisting us in making our decision!

Hi rwaystack,

I switched your posts (and my replies) to a new topic so they would be easier to find and weren’t mixed in with a more general topic.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Spindle and as you know I think you made a great quality/value choice.

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m also looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received everything and had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Hi jemargol,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! … and I’m glad the information here was helpful :).

As you know I think you are headed in a good direction and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback after your visit.

Phoenix

Thanks for a great service!

chargerman1980,

Welcome … and I’m glad you found us :).

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix for all the help you are providing. Just moved from NY to LA and was in need of a new mattress. I checked out Custom Comfort Mattress yesterday and afterwards wanted to find a bit more information about them. Ended up stumbling upon this gem of a website. I will now be visiting Flexus due to your recommendation.

Thanks again!

Hi tai.michael,

I’m glad you found us as well … and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback after your visit to Flexus.

You are certainly looking in a great direction :slight_smile:

Phoenix

How do I get the member discount from the manufacturer I buy my mattress from?

Hi ruthcarey1,

If they are one of the manufacturing or retailer members here you just need to let them know that you are a member of the forum when you talk with them or email them (or in some cases you can just use their discount code).

Phoenix

Thanks for all the information on this site, Phoenix! It has been very helpful, and I just ordered a new bed from Quality Sleep Shop in Lagrange, IL. I’m psyched to be buying a greener mattress from a local business!

Hi dancub,

I’m glad you found us … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Starting down the road of replacing an 11 year old Sealy mattress, and figured I’d look at a foam mattress. Then, I heard about Casper and Leesa, and I started to research. That led me here, and now I see that there are a wealth of options which may offer more for less, and without the one-size-fits-all approach (though I am impressed with their business model/marketing (the 100 day free trial, no strings attached, is pretty tough to beat)). Looking forward to learning more, and will be calling one of the forums members (Brooklyn Bedding) today for more information. Thanks for the resource!

Hi demaximis,

Welcome … and I’m glad you found us :slight_smile:

The “one size fits all” approach can certainly simplify and streamline the shopping experience but the tradeoff is that they may not be the best “match” or the best “value” compared to other mattresses where there are more options available. There is more about Casper, Leesa, and Tuft & Needle in post #3 here and there is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding and you certainly have many great options available to you depending on the types of materials or the types of mattresses you tend to prefer.

Phoenix