Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Hi sepansk4,

Iā€™m glad you found us before it was ā€œtoo lateā€ :slight_smile:

You are certainly heading in a great direction with Quality Sleep Shop and Iā€™m looking forward to your comments after your visit.

Phoenix

Thanks for all the quality info Phoenix. Really helped me and my fiance avoid spending a bunch of money on a mattress that would have been a waste(both in time and money). I think we are going to go with Brooklyn Bedding and work with them on getting our mattress. If I run into any questions or problems, Iā€™ll for sure know where to turn! :slight_smile:

Hi esquared19,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding ā€¦ and of course any questions you may have along the way. As you know I think highly of Brooklyn Bedding and they make some great quality/value mattresses.

Phoenix

Phoenix, Iā€™ve been looking for this site for a very long time. I knew there had to be some resources on the internet to better understand the complexities of the mattress world, but I could never find anything reliable. Iā€™ve read through some of your posts, and they are extremely informative, well-written, and clear. Thank you so much for all of your contributions, and I look forward to learning more! And of course, purchasing my first mattress! :slight_smile:

Hi nullspace,

Welcome :slight_smile:

It will be interesting to see what you end up buying for your first mattress purchase and of course youā€™re always welcome to ask any questions you may have along the way.

Good luck!

Phoenix

Just stumbled upon this forumā€¦so much useful information! Thanks Phoenix!

Hi crunchylobster,

Iā€™m glad you found us ā€¦ and welcome :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thank you for your service. Iā€™m looking into the cozypure mattresses. Everything Iā€™ve found on your site has been helpful.

Hi mkyang0310,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad the site has been helpful :slight_smile:

As you probably know Cozy Pure is one of the members here and I think highly of the quality of their mattresses and the service and guidance they provide to their customers so I think you are certainly looking in a good direction.

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding.

Phoenix

Thanks for this wealth of information. Other user opinions are certainly making me feel more comfortable about purchasing a Tuft and Needle mattress sight unseen.

Hi btr,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad the forum could help you !

You are certainly considering one of the better quality/value options in your budget range and of course you also have the security of a good trial period and a great return policy if the tuft and needle mattress doesnā€™t work out as well as you hoped.

Assuming that you decide to pull the trigger ā€¦ congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I hope you have the chance to share your feedback when youā€™ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Itā€™s that time. Tired of waking up to sore shoulders and so forth so itā€™s time to ditch the 11 year-old Simmons for a real bed. I like what Iā€™ve read about Fox Mattress and today we will make the 2 hour trek to the other coast for the Fox Mattress Experience :silly: The idea of bypassing the Sā€™s and going local greatly appeals to me.

Usually I research stuff to death when I buy appliances or a car. Reading all the great info on this sight I must say I am a bit overwhelmed. The one place we did check out was The Sleep Center in Ocala the other day. Was quite impressed by how instantly good it felt lying on a PLB bed. Latex might be in our future. Weā€™ll seeā€¦

Thanks for this site, Phoenix!

Hi Madrigal,

Iā€™m glad you found us ā€¦ and welcome to the forum :).

I think you are certainly looking in a good direction and Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback after your visit.

Phoenix

This has been an addictive site. Just moved, waterbed mattress (since 1978) sprung multiple leaks and my back is killing me.
Shopping for wine, computer equipment, heck dealing with ATT billing, are all easier than shopping for a mattress.
Thanks for the website.

I think I saw in the guidelines somewhere that itā€™s not advisable to buy the same day you go shopping. Broke that rule right off the bat. Shopping makes me tired. Sleeping on a saggy old mattress makes me tired and achy, so I wanted to be done with it.

When we got to Fox the salesman started us out with the lower end showing us the different density foams and different springs systems, then worked us up to the top of the line- the Chiropractorā€™s Dream, with the soy-based foam. We were going to go with that one, until I made the mistake of lying on the Custom Deluxe- latex hybrid. Latex is interesting and we did try the solid latex mattresses, but they transmit every single movement not only from the other side of the bed, but anyone walking in the vicinity.

So we ended up with the 2-sided Custom Deluxe (latex hybrid) which is the same as the Chiropractorā€™s Dream except for the Talalay latex instead of foam. We tried the kind with the pocket coils. Not happening for us. At this point in our lives (weā€™re both 50+) we need more support. I really like the fact that they specialize in 2-sided or flip mattresses.

Take delivery Thursday. I canā€™t WAIT!

Will post again with thoughts after sleeping on it B)

Hi jmilk,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Iā€™m glad you found us and Iā€™m looking forward to finding out about what you end up deciding ā€¦ and of course any comments, feedback, and questions you may have along the way.

Phoenix

Hi Madrigal,

It sounds to me like you made a great choice and with a manufacturer like Fox Mattress making the purchase on the same day as you are testing would be a lot less risky.

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to an update and your feedback once youā€™ve received it!

Phoenix

Thank you for all the great information. I am making my first mattress purchase, and this site has been very helpful.

Hi jdragonfly,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us.

I hope you have the chance to let us know about your experiences and what you end up deciding.

Phoenix

About to pull the trigger on an Ultimate Dreams King Eurotop Latex mattress thanks to the information and positive reviews found here. Canā€™t wait for my first ā€˜grownupā€™ mattress!