Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Hi scherzo,

Iā€™m glad you found us and as you know the mattress you are looking at is certainly a great quality/value choice.

I hope you have the chance to share your experiences when you receive it ā€¦ and in the meantime, congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thank you for all of the information in this site. We visited Beloit Mattress by chance and will be returning there once weā€™ve finished digesting the 5 Steps information and becoming informed buyers!

Hi srwilliams,

You are certainly looking in a great direction and the people at Beloit are very knowledgeable and helpful so you wonā€™t have to become an ā€œexpertā€ since you would already be working with one that will give you accurate and meaningful information about their mattresses :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback after your next visit.

Phoenix

Just wanted to say thanks for this site, itā€™s an awesome resource. Iā€™m looking to get a new mattress, mine might be 20 years old. Looking at the Dreamfoam latex. I see members get a free pillow, if you order through thier Amazon storefront, do you just mention something in the order detail or contact them directly?

We had a successful third visit to Beloit Mattress today. Our first visits helped us to eliminate some choices (and add some we hadnā€™t thought of). We read thru all the data then re-did steps 1 and 2. We were able to narrow our base layer to a single option, then spent a good deal of time selecting the right comfort layer. In the end, we chose a mattress with slightly less durable materials since it will be used in our RV. Ryan was very helpful in explaining the construction and materials. We also were able to see the factory area and how the mattress was made.

Hi srwiliams,

It sounds like you did some detailed research ā€¦ followed the steps one by one ā€¦ and ended up making a great choice.

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix and everyone for this site. It certainly helps to navigate a very complex world! Iā€™ve decided to go with a Tuft&Needle 10" seeing as iā€™m not concerned about durability. Iā€™ll report back when i get it.

Hi SophiaInBoston,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback when you receive it.

Phoenix

Going mattress shopping today in the DFW area at the mattress factory! Spent hours on this site readying myself for a great investment. Thanks, Phoenix!

After just about 10 days on the new mattress I can definitely say Iā€™m a happy camper. The innerspring/latex combination gives just the support to cushion ratio I was looking for, not to mention the coolness factor which is wonderful. The soreness in my right shoulder is reduced, my hips and knees no longer ache after 10 mins in bed. GREAT!

The 7" foundation is made of solid white pine and ensures a firm mattress experience! We got the Leggett & Platt Platinum mattress protector which says it is waterproof and breathable. So far the breathable part seems true. It is thin stretchy terry on one side, some kind of coating on the other side. The Fox salesman swore it was breathable so I got it. So far, so good. I just donā€™t like the plasticky sound it makes against the mattress.

I have been considering a wool mattress pad and after reading the various posts and comments about them will probably go with 45th St Beddingā€™s pad, as I really donā€™t want an extra moisture barrier per se as in the Dormeir. I tried the old poly fill pad from the other bed for a few nights but even sleeping only with the sheet felt too warm, so off it came.

[quote=ā€œMadrigalā€ post=39731]
I have been considering a wool mattress pad and after reading the various posts and comments about them will probably go with 45th St Beddingā€™s pad, as I really donā€™t want an extra moisture barrier per se as in the Dormeir.[/quote]
There is no moisture barrier in the Dormeir; itā€™s just wool and terry cotton.

[quote=ā€œmagpieā€ post=39733][quote=ā€œMadrigalā€ post=39731]
I have been considering a wool mattress pad and after reading the various posts and comments about them will probably go with 45th St Beddingā€™s pad, as I really donā€™t want an extra moisture barrier per se as in the Dormeir.[/quote]
There is no moisture barrier in the Dormeir; itā€™s just wool and terry cotton.[/quote]

Oops! Maybe I am confusing it with another wool pad. Then perhaps the Dormeir would be ideal. People do seem happy with it.

[quote=ā€œmagpieā€ post=39733][quote=ā€œMadrigalā€ post=39731]
There is no moisture barrier in the Dormeir; itā€™s just wool and terry cotton.[/quote]

Now I remember why the confusion: it was my assumption since it is actually called a mattress protector.

Hi axl099020,

Iā€™m glad you found us ā€¦ and welcome :).

Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback after your visit.

Phoenix

Hi Madrigal,

There are different types of mattress protectors (vs mattress pads) which each have different degrees of protection against moisture (waterproof vs water resistant vs moisture absorbing), their effect on the ā€œfeelā€ of a mattress, and on their effect on the sleeping temperature of your mattress.

There is more about the tradeoffs involved when you are choosing between the different types of mattress protectors in post #89 here.

The St Dormeir is a very popular choice because itā€™s thinner than most other cotton/wool mattress protectors so it will have less effect on the ā€œfeelā€ of the mattress, is ā€œwater resistantā€ which for most people would be ā€œenoughā€ protection, and with the wool can also have a positive effect on temperature regulation compared to other less breathable mattress protectors.

Phoenix

Thanks!

Went ahead and ordered the St Dormeir from the snuggledown site. Should get it by Wednesday and I canā€™t wait!

[quote=ā€œMadrigalā€ post=39763]Thanks!

Went ahead and ordered the St Dormeir from the snuggledown site. Should get it by Wednesday and I canā€™t wait![/quote]
I am confident you will be very happy with it.

Iā€™m going to be ordering a tuft and needle 5 incher! Been reading a lot of the forum archives and itā€™s been very helpful

Hi Madrigal,

I think you made a good choice as well :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hi dhp,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I hope you have the chance to share your feedback when you receive it.

Phoenix