Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Hi donnab,

I switched your post to a topic that is more related to Tuft & Needle.

A forum title search on Tuft Needle (you can just click the link) will bring up many comments and feedback about them and a more general forum search on Tuft Needle will bring up even more.

Phoenix

Thank you for all the time and effort you have put into this great resource. When I started I had no idea how much information that I did not know. I will be going with a latex bed from Ez sleep. Thank you again.

Hi greatful,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us!

You are certainly making a great quality/value choice and Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback when you receive your mattress and have had a chance to sleep on it.

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Just found your site and joined. Thanks for this great resource!

Hi eric_,

Welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I just wanted to say thank for the great resource provided by this website, the members of this board, and of course its administrator. I have been a reader of this board for a long time and appreciate the focus on specifications for mattresses, PPP, and many other items. When I first looked at getting a new mattresses I felt that the mattress sales people in the big stores were pushy and just there for the sale. These people for the most part avoided answering questions when I tried to make comparisons to other mattresses. As an engineer I know that somewhere there would be at minimum a few important specifications that would affect the quality and comfort and allow for generalized comparisons. I was glad to find out, before I almost purchased, that many ā€œhigh endā€ memory foams mattresses would use such low end materials that could have their comfort degrade appreciably over time.

I also wanted to you tell I had a great in person experience talking to Jeff at Mattress To Go and trying out his latex mattresses. He probably was the most hands off salesman I visited. After a brief discussion about what my partner and I wanted in a mattress and answering a few questions we had we were left alone to fall ā€œasleep.ā€ During none of this time did we have the feeling as if were being watched or being interrupted every five minutes about what we thought about the mattress. He also didnā€™t feel insulted or guarded like others when I asked for the ILDs to make comparisons.

Unfortunately, he does not sell layered mattresses so I wonā€™t purchase my mattress from him. For my personal requirements of wanting a california king to fit my 6ā€™4" frame and living in small apartment buildings I like the flexibility of knowing I wonā€™t be limited in the future because the bed cannot fit up the stairwell. I also appreciate that if I would like to change the firmness of a layer that is a possibility.

Hi hendjosh,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about Jeff and Mattress To Go ā€¦ I appreciate it :).

As you know ā€¦ I (and many other forum members that have dealt with him) also share your thoughts about his knowledge, experience, and the service he provides to his customers.

Phoenix

Thanks for all the great information. After several days of pondering, Iā€™m about to place my order for a latex mattress from Spindle. I like the product and the attitudeā€¦ Iā€™m tired of all the boring sales hokum, and Spindleā€™s no-nonsense style suits me. Itā€™s the most economical latex mattress Iā€™ve found. I like the fact that itā€™s a contiguous slab, no seam, and that each layer comes in its own box and you put it together yourself.

It really seems like the best way to do things. All the other companies want to market mattresses either like used-car salemen or like lifestyle products. For me itā€™s a utilitarian product. Give me something thatā€™s unquestionably non-toxic, because Iā€™m spending a third of my life with my face pressed up against it. Make it impervious to mold and mildew, because I live in the Northwest. Make it as durable as possible, because dealing with mattresses isnā€™t fun, and itā€™s better to spend double for a product thatā€™ll last quadruple. Make it simple, because I donā€™t need a bunch of options to figure out. Spindle seems to be the solution. Iā€™ll report back on my experience.

Phoenix, Iā€™ve got the thread about foundations, and itā€™s great. Hereā€™s my questionā€¦ the mattress is pushing our budget already. Our old bed has a simple slat wood base with about 2" between slats, a cheap box spring and a horrible old cheap mattress. Do you reckon we can put the new latex mattress on top of the old box spring and base, for a few months, until we figure out a better foundation?

Hi CKirk,

As you probably know I think highly of Neal and Spindle and I think you made a great quality/value choice.

Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback once youā€™ve received it and have had the chance to sleep in it for a bit.

If your box spring has a flat and evenly supportive surface that doesnā€™t allow the mattress to sink in to any gaps then it should be fine although a box spring that flexes can change how your mattress feels compared to a solid non flexing foundation. If your bed has slats with only 2" in between them then I would consider using the mattress directly on the slats.

Phoenix

Long time reader, first time poster. Thank you for the vast amount of research and insight. Itā€™s time for a new mattress, and I will be doing my homework here, and hopefully coming up with a great deal on a great mattress.

Hi uccjeb,

Welcome :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding and of course any comments or questions you have along the way.

Phoenix

Hi, I spent a lot of time researching memory foam mattresses this week and found your site through many of the Google results. Iā€™m about to place an order for a DreamFoam mattress now thanks to advice I found searching this forum. Thank you!

Hi bblgum,

You are certainly making a good quality/value choice ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress :).

Just in case you arenā€™t aware of it ā€¦ if you order from the Dreamfoam site (instead of Amazon) then there would be an additional 10% discount and you would also have the benefit of their 45 day comfort guarantee.

I hope you have the chance to share your feedback when youā€™ve received your new mattress and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix! I did in fact order through the Dreamfoam site for the 10% discount. We went with the 12" Supreme, as we liked the Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme Breeze in-store and Dreamfoamā€™s price canā€™t be beat. It will be a nice upgrade from a 10 year old innerspring mattress :slight_smile:

This site has been a great source of information. After a lot of research, my wife and I have decided on getting a latex mattress from Sleep EZ to replace an innerspring mattress that is almost a decade old.

Hi PTgamer,

Thanks for taking the time to register and letting us know what you ended up deciding.

As you know I think very highly of Sleepez and you certainly made a great quality/value choice ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I hope you have the chance to share your feedback when youā€™ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Weā€™ve been doing a lot of research on mattresses for almost 6 months. We only recently found this site and were delighted to see that Tuft & Needle is one of the suggested brands. Weā€™ve been strongly considering a Tuft & Needle mattress, and after reading a bit on the Mattress Underground have decided to purchase today. We hope that we love the mattress as much as we love the values of the Tuft & Needle company.

Hi oshkoshbjosh,

You will be among the first few to purchase their new design (see this topic) and Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback when you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Been reading this site and decided to sign up. I am going to give Sleep EZ a call and talk to them about my forthcoming order.

Thanks for all the hard work in compiling the information.

This is the best site on the internet to get educated on mattresses!

Hi fsu44,

Thanks for the kind comments ā€¦ I appreciate them!

As you know I think very highly of SleepEZ and the guidance they provide to their customers along with the quality and value of their mattresses. You are certainly making a great choice ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I hope you have the chance to share your feedback when you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix