Don't forget to ask for your "The Mattress Underground" forum member discount/bonus

Hi Sensei,

Thanks for looking into this. The code does work now.

Cheers.

Hi there,

I’m a new member and wanted to let you know that I visited a MU Trusted Member, Restmore Bedding, today. Dealing with Louis was great and my wife and I purchased 2 mattresses. The price was great! We got our MU discount and more since we bought 2. Also, Louis said he should be able to deliver them this Wednesday, which is fantastic!

I’ve been searching for a new mattress for a while and took the plunge with a Leesa Hybrid in early June but I’m not getting the right support or cradling for my shoulder so I’ve initiated the refund process. I’m glad I looked through the information on this site and was able to find a great mattress factory in the city i live in.

Thanks!

Eric

Hi Eric,

Great to hear that you were so pleased with your experience at Restmore Bedding. Enjoy your new beds in the best of health!

Kind regards,

• Bill

This is my first post so that I can qualify for a discount at Mattress Makers in La Mesa Ca. I am apparently logged in with old login information that I must have had since around 2012!! Hard to tell as I can not see my username anywhere in this post.

I am just starting to research Total Natural Latex mattresses. I have a 14 year old Temperpedic 10" Deluxe mattress on a Legg & Platt adjustable frame. Well, needless to say it is DONE! I am starting to have hip pain and shoulder pain. I am 73 years old and weigh 108. I am going to depend on Pablo at Mattress Makers to configure the build for me. He seems to combine Dunlop withTalaylay if need be.

So not sure how this first post translates to a discount.

This is my first post so that I can qualify for a discount at Mattress Makers in La Mesa Ca. I am apparently logged in with old login information that I must have had since around 2012!! Hard to tell as I can not see my username anywhere in this post.

I am just starting to research Total Natural Latex mattresses. I have a 14 year old Temperpedic 10" Deluxe mattress on a Legg & Platt adjustable frame. Well, needless to say it is DONE! I am starting to have hip pain and shoulder pain. I am 73 years old and weigh 108. I am going to depend on Pablo at Mattress Makers to configure the build for me. He seems to combine Dunlop withTalaylay if need be.

So not sure how this first post translates to a discount.

Hey greyhoundgal,

Welcome back to the Mattress Underground :slight_smile: ! Good to see you here.

Technically, this is your “second” post greyhoundgal; your first post was made Feb 4, 2012 (you have the year correct, lol) and answered by Phoenix back when you were sorting through some comfort issues, hopefully resolved for the better. So as far as earning a TMU discount code, you are good-to-go! Thanks too for your support of trusted member Mattress Makers; good luck with your mattress shopping journey and update us when you can about how things went.

Thanks,
Sensei

Hi All,

I’ve lurked for a while and just subscribed. Thanks to everyone for the great information on this site, I’ll be ordering the SleepEZ 9" Organic Latex this week (Soft/Medium/Firm). Take care.

Tim

Hey Tim,

Welcome to the TMU Forum :slight_smile: !

[quote]Hi All,…I’ve lurked for a while and just subscribed. Thanks to everyone for the great information on this site, I’ll be ordering the SleepEZ 9" Organic Latex this week (Soft/Medium/Firm). Take care…Tim
[/quote]
Thanks for the kind words on the site, Tim; they are much appreciated. And congrats on your new mattress shopping journey! Appreciate too your support of expert trusted member Sleep EZ, I think highly of their quality products and excellent customer service. When you can, check back and update us on your Organic Latex mattress experience following your initial 30 day sleep trial…

Thanks,
Sensei

New member, I just came across this site a day ago as I am looking for a new Cal King Mattress. Boy oh boy, I am glad I did, between looking at all the “mattress review” sites earlier in the week, to not being able to quantify the differences between mattress types, the content on this site has been a real eye opener! I literally spent four hours or so on this site yesterday, until 230AM when I made myself stop.

Thank you very much to the team who put this together and maintains the content on this site, I have learned so much in the past day, literally more than in a lifetime.

All the best!

Hey baddog321,

Welcome to the Mattress Underground :slight_smile: !

Congrats on your new mattress shopping journey :slight_smile: ! Please consider our trusted member manufacturer/ retailer program as a possible purchase resource; we highly recommend of them in terms of industry expertise, product quality and superior customer service throughout the mattress purchase process. You may also use TMU’s “Ask an Expert” forum for posting questions to manufacturer by specialty.

And as you likely know from the thread you are posting from, when you choose to purchase from one of the TMU trusted members, your post of a single question would extend an offer to receive a small discount on purchase from participating trusted members as a “Thank you” for your support.

Thanks so much for your kind words on the site, they really mean a great deal to the TMU Team and community. Hope you’ll drop in and enjoy Phoenix’s research articles when you have some more late nights available… :wink: .

Thanks,
Sensei

Thank you for the warm welcome Sensei! I have spent some more time on the site, and based on what I can only call a copious amount of reading, I have indeed made my purchase from a Trusted Member. I placed my order today with SleeponLatex.

All the best!

Hey baddog321,

Thanks for the update.

Congrats on your new mattress purchase :slight_smile: ! Thanks too for your support of the TMU Trusted Member program and of trusted member Sleep on Latex. Looking forward to hearing how things go following an initial sleep trial period. Sleep well, baddog321 :wink: .

Sensei

Wow, I am surprised my profile back from 2014 still works…

I have 2 questions about the discounts:

1. Does the referral code for U.S. Box Spring need to be updated? U.S. Box Spring :: The Mattress Underground says that you can use code MUG75, but when I try that on their website the code seems to not be valid. Going through old threads I found that MUG5 was the prior code and it does still work (at least it updates the cart, I have not purchased anything yet).
  2. Technical question: I accessed the referral codes page by searching for it before I logged into this old account. Is it intentional that a non-user can find and use those referral codes online without making an account? I fully agree that if someone is going to make it to this website and find that page that they are also very likely to create/have created an account BUT it is not an actual requirement…

Questions aside: this was an absolutely fantastic website 6 years ago and, in my opinion, it looks better with the updated website. Great job not simply keeping this up and running, but improving it.

Hey cn1ght,

Welcome back to the Mattress Underground :slight_smile: ! Thanks for your question.

[quote]Wow, I am surprised my profile back from 2014 still works…

It has been quite awhile, cn1ght but once you’ve subscribed to the TMU, you are a consumer member here as long as your registered email address is valid :wink: .

I have 2 questions about the discounts:

1. Does the referral code for U.S. Box Spring need to be updated? U.S. Box Spring :: The Mattress Underground says that you can use code MUG75, but when I try that on their website the code seems to not be valid. Going through old threads I found that MUG5 was the prior code and it does still work (at least it updates the cart, I have not purchased anything yet).[/quote]

Thanks for reporting that discount code glitch. It appears that MUG5 may have been the correct discount code all along and perhaps the other is a typo. This issue has been reported to our support team for review.

You are correct about that, there currently is no “requirement” to create an account to access the TMU Forum; however, if a pattern of discount code misuse emerges, that could change things in the future. We do include in the “Consumer Subscription in the Mattress Underground” statement the following: “The best part is that any question in our mattress forum (or any other post that is relevant to mattresses) will not only give you free subscription in The Mattress Underground but will help you sort through the mass of poor quality mattress information that has become the norm for the industry. The discount you will receive from some of the highest quality and value mattress manufacturers in North America is, of course, an added bonus.” We often remind consumer subscribers of the “one question” post requirement for receiving the TMU discount code as encouragement for considering purchases of our TMU trusted members . There is tracking of TMU discount code use on both sides for monitoring the program and thus far haven’t seen abuse of the program. Your point is well taken and thanks for the heads-up on that potential issue, your thoughtfulness is definitely appreciated :slight_smile: .

[quote]Questions aside: this was an absolutely fantastic website 6 years ago and, in my opinion, it looks better with the updated website. Great job not simply keeping this up and running, but improving it.
[/quote]
Thanks for the kind words on the updated site, cn1ght; it has been a long-awaited vision of Phoenix’s that is finally a reality. So much creative thought, hard work and many round-the-clock days by both Phoenix and the support team have made this dream come true. My hope is that all of the TMU consumer subscribers, especially returning friends like you will share the word of our work here and continue to let us know what you find useful and what could be more helpful in terms of educating and supporting consumers on their mattress shopping journey. Appreciate your check-in and let us know how things go with U.S. Box Spring :wink: .

Thanks,
Sensei

After spending multiple weeks researching mattress online, guidance from Sensi and other members in the forums, We finally settled in on a Flexus Comfort 13" 4 layer King Latex mattress and ordered one last night. Henry was very helpful in placing the order and also accommodating in us ordering an extra layer to swap to adjust firmness

Unfortunately, like most MU member companies, you have to read the fine print as the discount codes are not stackable with their current sales… either way, they had the best price between Arizona Premium and SleepEz for a similar build…

the thought of buying a mattress online, unseen, is a big gamble.

Looking forward to getting the mattress soon and hope it works out… Not really looking forward to putting the layers together… hope its not too difficult…

Hey BatraD,

Thanks for the updates.

Congrats on your new mattress purchase :slight_smile: ! Thanks for your support of TMU Expert Trusted Member Flexus Comfort and looking forward to hearing how you find your new Flexus Comfort 13" 4 layer King Latex mattress after an initial sleep trial period. Thanks too to @Henry/ Flexus for providing a thoughtful customer service experience, adding the extra layer for a possible comfort adjustment will save time and expense for you both in the future.

Indeed BatraD, it is important to always read fine print carefully and understand all details involved when making a sizeable purchase such as a new mattress. From the TMU Business Membership Directory, this disclaimer is emphasized in italics for full disclosure/ transparency to the consumer:

“NOTE: Most discounts and bonuses are typically on regular “mattress” purchases and in most cases can’t be “stacked” with other lower promotions or sale prices. For full details please check the Details Page for each TMU Member”

Each of the participating manufacturers offering a TMU discount code will state how the code may be used relative to their current pricing. In terms of “stacking” discounts, again that is determined by the individual manufacturer as they may have separate discount code programs online, either through affiliates or other marketing, and they would not necessarily combine a TMU code in addition to one of the promo codes ON TOP of current pricing.

The recent availability of mattress shopping online has forever changed how people think about buying a mattress. Manufacturers quickly adapted to the “Direct to Consumer” selling model, offering generous in-home sleep trial periods, comfort exchanges and longer return policies for reassurance of making a purchase sight unseen. The “Recommended by the Mattress Underground” Trusted Member manufacturer/ retailer program offers consumers seeking guidance the opportunity to work with a mattress expert who has been vetted for transparency/ best business practices. Looking forward to hearing how your new Flexus Comfort King Latex mattress works for you following an initial sleep trial period.

Thanks,
Sensei

Hey, this is my first post asking for a member discount - getting ready to buy from SleepEZ. Can I use the discount code when ordering online, or do I have to do it via phone order?

The discount code for SleepEZ from TMU can be used directly on their site.

New member here - I’m looking for an organic latex mattress that sleeps cool and firm - not sure if I feel comfortable buying online so suggestions much appreciated. I’m located in Western Canada. Thanks for putting all this great info on this site!

Hey Bluedog,

Welcome to the Mattress Underground :slight_smile: ! Thanks for your question.

Congrats on your new mattress shopping journey :slight_smile: ! Feeling comfortable buying a mattress online can be a bit difficult, but with the right tools and the counsel of an experienced manufacturer, you should be able to make a good choice. Thanks for your compliments on the site and hope you find the available resources useful in your research.

You may consider working with one of the TMU trusted member manufacturers/ retailers. I think of them all quite highly in terms of their industry experience, component expertise and post-sale customer support. These TMU trusted members offer organic latex mattresses and operate in the Western Canada area:

CBH Wood Furniture

Dormio Organic Beds

MFC/ Memory Foam Comfort

SnugSleep

Restmore Bedding

You may also use the "Ask and Expert"forum to post questions and receive guidance from any of the participating business members. Cool bonus for you: any consumer subscriber posting a minimum of one question (this one counts :wink: ) may receive a TMU discount code offered by participating manufacturers for a bit of savings off your new mattress purchase (please read the link details as there are some caveats, mainly in that discount codes aren’t stackable).

If you are not able to make showroom visits due to COVID-19 constraints, phone consultations are necessary for researching any component questions you may have not addressed by the manufacturer’s web site. You may find review of this list of product questionsuseful for scripting a phone conversation, as well as these mattress specifications guideline helpful for understanding mattress design specs and component durability. Good luck with your research and let us know how things go :slight_smile: .

Thanks,
Sensei