DreamFoam Ultimate Dreams Latex Mattress

I am thinking about buying the Ultimate Dreams latex mattress, but am a bit hesitant to buy something I can’t try first. There is one mattress outlet nearby that sells mattresses with Dunlop latex, Carolina Mattress Guild. Are they a good company? Which of their mattresses is most similar to the Dreamfoam latex? Otherwise, Chuck at Dreamfoam/Brooklyn Bedding sounds very helpful and I think I would be satisfied with their mattress. Any specific comments about the Ultimate Dreams latex mattress? I also looked at a 9" tatex combo mattress from the latexmattresscompany.com which seems like a good value, about $200 more expensive. Any comments about this mattress and what are other comparable options from companies that are members of the Mattress Underground?

Hi winky,

CMG does make some mattresses that can have better than average quality and value but since a mattress is only as good as its construction and the materials inside it you would need to know the specifics of the layers inside it to have some sense of how well any of their mattresses would approximate one of the firmness choices available with the Ultimate Dreams. They do make some latex polyfoam hybrids so if any of these are available locally that have a 3" Talalay latex comfort layer over polyfoam they could certainly give you a reference point for the Ultimate Dreams. Even a different layer thickness would at lest give you a very general sense of the general feel of this type of mattress (keeping in mind that Dunlop has a different feel than Talalay) although any difference in design and materials can be cumulative and will also affect how closely any two mattresses compare in terms of “feel” and performance and how well they match your specific needs and preferences.

As you can see in mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here I can only speak to the quality and value of a mattress because there are too many variables and unknowns to know with any certainty which design would be most suitable for you based on “theory at a distance” or without specific reference points of mattresses you have tested. There could also be several mattresses that may have different designs but work equally well in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). All of the members here including Dreamfoam / Brooklyn Bedding and Arizona Premium Mattress make or sell mattresses that each in their own way are great quality and value and the choice between them would depend on which of your criteria are the most important parts of your personal value equation. Following the steps in post #1 here is the most effective way I know to narrow down your options until all your final choices are good ones.

Phoenix

Reading on this forum has convinced me to order ultimate latex mattress from dream foam. I have ordered it today and should arrive next or so. This is a great site for mattress resource. Thanks.

Hi laluprasad,

I’m glad you found us … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I, too, am ordering a DreamFoam Mattress thanks to this fantastic forum. Thank you for all of the great information!

Hi Rocksleepeer,

Congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

I hope you have the chance to share your feedback when you receive it.

Phoenix

I am also looking at purchasing an Ultimate Dreams latex king mattress. We have had a queen Tempurpedic for several years now and, despite my initial love for the mattress, I have grown to dislike it and generally sleep on the couch at least 3-5 nights per week. It has become lumpy (no huge surprise since my husband is 6’3" and 350+ lbs), but it is also very warm to sleep on in south Texas. I have also had constant issues with getting sheets to stay on the mattress, even when using special deep sheets. We just bought a bigger house and will have room for a king bed, so I decided this would be a great time to make a change. I like the price and the ability to customize the mattress (as well as make adjustments and replacements instead of buying an entirely new bed) that I have found with the latex mattress on Amazon. I’m a little nervous about buying something without trying it out first, but I’m very impressed with the information and reviews that are provided on this site.
I’m sure the conversation with the company after ordering the mattress will be helpful in selecting the right type, but if anyone has any specific suggestions I would love to hear them. I’m about 5’5" 175 lbs and primarily sleep on my side. I prefer extremely soft beds, but do have some lower back pain and neck/shoulder pain almost constantly from my job. My husband sleeps on his stomach most of the time and likes softer beds (but a little firmer than my preferences) and needs a little more support due to his size.
Thanks for all the information and any suggestions you might send my way!

Hi DrKat,

Each person can be unique and what works well for one person can be completely unsuitable for another so your highest chance of success is always a more detailed conversation with the manufacturer. It can also help to do some local testing as a reference point on mattresses that are similar to the one you are considering (if there are any available locally) and if you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know of any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area (all I know is that you are in South Texas).

If your husband is 350 lbs I would also make sure that the mattress is suitable for his higher weight and it may be worth considering one of the Dreamfoam or Brooklyn Bedding mattresses (their sister company) with thicker layers of latex along with a higher density base foam which may be both more durable and more suitable for much higher weight ranges.

Post #3 here and some of the posts it links to may also be worthwhile reading for someone that is in a much higher weight range.

Phoenix

I’m not sure what you can spend but the sister company has the Aloe Alexis which has thicker latex (2 x 3" layers which make 6") over a higher quality poly-foam base. It also allows greater comfort control having two slices. I personally have this bed and can tell you it appears to be able to hold much more weight than the 215 I put on it.
Best of luck to you both,
Jeff