Europa mattress by Corsicana

Phoenix

Do you happen to know anything about the Eurtopa 1000 & 2000 mattresses. Believe they are made by Corsicana beds in Corsicana Tx. Also do you know anything about the quality of beds they make.

In your opinion, who and want beds do you feel are made of a good quality. I know everybody is different, taking that out of the consideration, I am looking for quality made and then I can research those manufactures and see if they have anything that fits my needs.

Thanks

Hi jdeck66,

Corsicana is one of the top 15 manufacturers in the country based on size and makes mostly lower end “promotional” mattresses along with some better quality mid range mattresses as well. Unfortunately they are not usually transparent about the quality of the materials they use inside their mattresses (see the list of the top 15 manufacturers here)

Outside of how well a mattress matches your specific needs and preferences in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) … the most important part of the “value” of a mattress purchase is the quality of the construction and the materials inside it (see this article). If you aren’t able to find out this information then it’s not possible to make any meaningful comments about a mattress, identify any weak links, or make any meaningful comparisons with other mattresses.

While it’s unlikely that you will be able to find this out with most of the Corsicana mattresses … if you are able to find out the information you would need to make an informed buying decision then you are certainly welcome to post it here (listed layer by layer from the top down) and I’d be happy to make some comments about it. I would avoid any mattress where you aren’t able to find out the quality of the materials inside it because you would be making a completely blind purchase which can be a very risky choice.

This would depend on the specific materials in a mattress and on how they compare to each other based on the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you. The guidelines I would use in terms of quality/durability are in post #4 here. Brand comparisons are one of the worst ways to choose a mattress because all the mattress manufacturers have access to similar materials and components. The most important difference between different brands are in how transparent they are about the materials inside them (and you can see how I rate them in terms of transparency in the top 15 article I linked previously).

I would also make sure you’ve read the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choice … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Once you have some of the basic information you need … if you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know of any better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area.

Phoenix