Expert Article ~ Caring for your Organic Latex Mattress ~ MFC Canada

To ensure the comfort, durability, and longevity of your natural organic latex mattress, consider following these tips:

1. Rotate your mattress regularly to promote even wear and extend its lifespan.
  2. Invest in a waterproof mattress protector to keep your mattress clean and protect it from liquids, sweat, spills and decrease the presence of dust mites.
  3. Allow your mattress to “breathe” by pulling back your covers in the morning and using a ceiling fan or open window to circulate air. If your mattress has been exposed to moisture, indirect sunbathing your mattress can also help to dry it out and keep it fresh.
  4. Regularly wash your sheets and mattress protector to keep dust, pet dander, and sweat to a minimum.
  5. Vacuum your mattress occasionally to remove dust, pet hair, and dead skin build-up.

By following these simple tips, you can help ensure that your natural organic latex mattress provides you with a comfortable and restful sleep for years to come.

Mario Jodoin CEO MFC Canada

Direct sunlight is not good for latex mattresses, it will dry out the latex and cause flaking. Natural latex is biodegradable so sunlight is it’s enemy. Even one day in direct sunlight can cause visible degradation, at least here in Phoenix.

Thanks for your input, I will correct my post! I should have been more explicit and say that sunbathing is only intended for spills or bed wetting. From our experience, you want to dry out the mattress as fast as possible. First, we soak up the liquid as soon as possible with a dry cloth and then do a quick indirect sunbathing of the mattress inside its cover with the windows opened and the ceiling fan on high. In our house in Canada, we don’t get direct sunlight, so I doubt that a 1 hour exposure to indirect sunlight will cause any damage to the latex mattress.

“Always buy a good pair of shoes and a good bed, if you aren’t in one you are in the other.”