Fiberglass in mattresses

So I have been reading the horror stories in mattresses made with fiberglass covers. I looked into Organic beds but there is no way on gods green earth I can afford them. My budget is around 600.00. I have asthma and allergies. I want to get a memory foam bed because they work best with my arthritis but I am concerned about the fiberglass issues. My current bed is a signature Series bed and I’ve always had a vinyl cover on it, over the mattress cover it came with. Never took it off. When I looked under the vinyl cover I put on, I saw little glints of shiny material which I assume is fiberglass. My question is, what would the risks be if I get a memory foam bed (looking at Lucid) and put a extra cover over it, maybe two. Would the fiberglass eventually make it’s way out?

There are many companies out there that will use fiberglass in their covers as a flame retardant, but it’s 100% unnecessary. There are even some companies claiming to be “green” who use silica sand as their flame retardant, and are mixing it with fiberglass as well. In our shop, we do use silica as the flame barrier for a good number of our mattresses but we have never used anything with fiberglass. We do go one step further and use American eco-wool in our natural My Green Mattress line, and also offer it in other models as well as an upgrade.
If you’re looking for an all-foam mattress, I’d encourage you to give us a call. We have our Kyle mattress that is made from low-VOC CertiPUR foam and is covered with a durable cotton cover. This mattress retails at $439 for a queen (not including shipping, if applicable). If you’d like to give us a call, we can definitely help you!

I’m looking for a fiberglass and silica free queen mattress also. I’ve looked at everything Amerisleep, Idle Sleep, Tuft & Needle, Sweetnight, Casper, Wayfair so many others I won’t mention them all. I actually ordered an Idle Sleep Gel Foam but then saw they have an “F” rating at the BBB. So many of these mattress companies have terrible BBB reviews. Tuft & Needle has a good rating and their T&N original is free from fiberglass but it’s only 10". I need 12". This is for my husband who is 6’3" and weights around 230. Some of those mentioned are fiberglass and silica free but I can’t spent $1000+. Are there any GOOD memory foam mattresses that are clean and won’t cost my firstborn child??