GhostBed ~ The Mattress Underground (TMU) Trusted Member

I’m sorry but we are not going to address our side of the story publicly as you opened a chargeback dispute with your bank.

Posting in this forum will not change our company policy for when a customer decides to open a dispute with the bank or threatens legal action.

Now for people reading this. please…Compare ALL Review Sites

Our customers leave reviews on multiple websites. If you look at the customer journey for the most organic reviews, take a look at Home Depot, Lowe’s, Costco US and Canada, Amazon, and Overstock as well as the 60k + positive 5-Star reviews on GhotBed.com & GhostBed.ca

Then decide if you would like to patronize our small family business.

Hi raincityrob.

One of the moderators alerted me to your post duplication in yet another thread about the same issues you raised on the present topic. I moved your “stray” post here but it is out of order. As it is only a repeat of your previous posts I will shortly remove as it is only a 2-sentence accusatory that does not bring anything new to the discussion.

Once again the “off-gassing” issue you surfaced (which I suspect is an odor issue of the wool in the product) is not a sign of “poor quality” You can see my reply post 35 here about this.

On another note, we informed you of our moderation and maintenance practices regarding post duplication and posting similar content in multiple threads. It is not OK to start venting against a company and hijack multiple threads no matter how upset you are with the outcome. You have stated your facts and clarified things several times and we have been looking and inquiring extensively on your behalf with the company.

As far as “bad reviews” go … I am glad to see that GB does not allow their arm to be twisted in cases when consumers are trying to get the upper hand and remove their own responsibility in a purchase. While GB may not be 100% right in all its decisions, my previous conversations with them showed a company that is taking pride in selling quality products and respects its customers (to the limits of not being taken advantage of). They sell through many outlets and sell in large volumes so it does not surprise me to have some accumulation of “bad reviews”. Generally, I take reviews of any kind with a grain of salt as they represent one individual at best, and at worst they are manipulated for advertising purposes. The same rings true not only for “good reviews” but “bad reviews” as well when it comes to unethical competition.

While GB may have accumulated BBB “bad reviews” over the years, they are upfront about it. They are confident that the other thousands of satisfied customers will counterbalance and create a more realistic picture. To my knowledge they did not make attempts to sanitize the internet or to remove anything “bad” as some other companies have done. The very fact that you are still in dialog with them on this forum is a statement in itself.

This said since GB is a Trusted Member and I’ve approached them several times about the issue of the return claims that did not go through. While I would have approached things differently and would have been more lenient, I also do not have the many years of experience in manufacturing and selling products that lead to the business decisions and policies they have adopted, The way I see it is that no matter how customer-oriented they have been, for volume selling there will be a larger than usual number of dissatisfied customers and some of these will try to take advantage of the company and game the system.

We are not taking a role of authority on issues that may raise between consumers and companies. Instead, we look at facts and “preponderance of the evidence”. We ask a few simple questions from the perspective of our insider knowledge and experience in the mattress industry. We are hoping to help smooth the way in finding a common ground if an issue arises between consumers and any of the companies we regard as trusted. We’ll be the first to alert our followers about any trickery, and lack of transparency we may find.

The excerpt below is from Brian’s (@Ghostbed) email communication with me since your first post on the forum. This encapsulates the company’s stance well from the perspective of returns and their CS.

As our customer service sleep experts have a hard job as we need to balance legit returns from questionable returns and ensure that valid returns don’t end up in a landfill.

In this case the customer stated things that would void the sleep trial and unfortunately was not reasonable to be able to assist any further which quickly went the route of a chargeback."

Again, I’d like to caution you against spamming other discussions in progress or lashing back with what seems to be a vengeful attitude. We did not suspend your account as our basic forum rules states because we understand the temporary clouding of judgment in a “heated” discussion and chose to let it run its course to bring to light any things that may be relevant.

Phoenix