Guidance regarding a possible Restava purchase

Hello,

I have been lurking on this forum trying to gather as much information as I can to make an informed decision. We are looking at purchasing a Restava Delano with a foundation. I posting for a couple of reasons:

1.) the requirement of posting to establish membership and receive the discount
2.) see if there is further guidance regarding the choice, and
3.) inquire if there are still reservations about purchasing from Restava as seen in this thread.

Reason #1 is now taken care of.

For reason #2: my wife is 5’2", 120 lbs, and I am 5’9", 170. We both prefer a firm mattress, and mostly sleep on our stomachs. Upon contacting Restava, I was told the Delano is their firmest mattress, and they confirmed the comparison to the TP Rhapsody, which is a positive for us. They also confirmed the top 5" of the mattress are 5.3lb foam. Based on our sizes, I don’t think durability will be an issue with the construction.

Reason #3 is self explanatory. I have not had an issue with contacting customer service by phone, but would appreciate any other guidance before making a purchase. I believe we are making a solid decision, but, like many posters here, wish to ensure a smooth process for an online order of this size and importance.

Thank you.

Hi cast,

[quote]1.) the requirement of posting to establish membership and receive the discount
2.) see if there is further guidance regarding the choice, and
3.) inquire if there are still reservations about purchasing from Restava as seen in this thread.[/quote]

For the moment I would hold off on any Restava purchase until they have confirmed the changes they have made in the materials in their mattresses.

They still haven’t replied to my inquiries about the issues that were brought up in the topic you linked (the last email I sent them was yesterday) which is very frustrating to me and if they take much longer to reply I will unfortunately have no other options left than to remove them from the membership list.

I would not buy a mattress where the quality/density of the materials inside it aren’t known and I believe that some of the information on their site (about the density of the polyfoam support cores) is no longer correct.

Phoenix

Thank you for the response Phoenix. Based on the guidelines you have on the site, I had already narrowed my choices to Restava vs. Select Foam (Regalis).

Since there is a question regarding the materials in the Restava mattress, I’ve gone with option 1A, in the Regalis. The process so far: a quick conversation with Peter at Select Foam to place the order and a Paypal invoice in my inbox. The closest thing to a sale is the free foundation, so I called to receive that combined with the member discount.

I’ll try to provide updates to the process and a review of the mattress.

Hi cast,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

You certainly made a good quality/value choice … and it was certainly the better choice out of the two you were considering because of the uncertainty surrounding Restava at the moment.

I’m looking forward to your feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix