Help in choosing a mattress

I have a spinal compression fracture (T11) . Was wondering if anyone can give me some advice as to what mattress to buy.
Many thanks

Hi Hope22,

Your question is much too broad, provides too little information, and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to answer what you are asking or help you choose which specific mattress may work best for you out of all the thousands of mattresses that are available in the market (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

While it’s not possible for anyone to tell you “what” specific mattress to choose … the tutorial post here can help you with “how” to choose a mattress that is best for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) and includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choice … and perhaps even more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

I apologize. Here is some more info: I sleep on my side, I prefer firmer mattresses, so far I h ave only slept on coil mattresses/box spring or futons. Price range up to 3,500 for queen size. I almost bought s a Saatva but the read some negative comments on this site. I also read that coil mattresses are least satisfying for most people, but that is all I have experience with. Any suggestions for a novice like me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Hi Hope22,

Your budget is certainly more than enough to buy a very high quality mattress (and may even be more than you need).

The best suggestion I can make is to follow the steps in the tutorial post one by one and of course you are always welcome to ask any specific questions you may have along the way as well.

Once you get to step 3 … if you let me know your city or zip code I’d also be happy to let you know or any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of that are reasonably close to you.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix, I read the tutorial, my zip code is 11205 Brooklyn NY. If you have any specific recommendations, I would be very grateful. I was going to with a Saatva first, then I read some negative comments here. I was then going to ore der a sealy posturepedic, but not sure if you discourage mass stores. Really, and advice would be vey welcome!

Thank you

Hi Hope22,

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the New York City region are listed in post #2 here.

Hopefully the tutorial post and some of the information and guidelines that are linked there (including this one) make my thoughts about major brands and chain stores very clear … and I would avoid them.

Phoenix