Help! Latex. Spring

So recently my boyfriend got us a memory foam mattress… And let’s just say it’s not my cup of tea. I have lower back problems and since the new bed it has gotten way worse. The bed is EXTREMELY firm and after just thirty minutes my ruptured disk is killing me!!! I have since done a little research and tried some mattresses of different kinds such as latex and inter spring and like them MUCH better!!! They seem to relieve some of the pressure put on my back. I would love to know some really good brands that are not too dramatically priced. If anyone has recommendations or anything to say please feel free I could use all the help!!! I live in Greensboro nc and don’t know of many places to go look at mattresses. THANK YOU!

Hi Ket2593,

The first place to start your research is the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices.

A mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of the materials in the mattress and brand shopping is among the worst ways to choose a mattress. I would focus on the construction and materials in the mattress regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label.

I don’t keep a list of specific types of mattresses in each area or at each store but some of the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Greensboro area are listed in post #2 here and if you check their websites or probably better yet call them and tell them your criteria and what you are looking for they can tell you whether they have any latex/innerspring hybrids on their floor that you can test.

Phoenix

Thank you for your help! What are some good all latex brands to look at?

Hi Ket2593,

Many of the manufacturers on the list make all latex mattresses but once again the materials in the mattress are more important than the brand. If two mattresses have the same design and materials inside then the name of the manufacturer really makes no difference. Some phone calls will identify which of them have all latex mattresses that you are interested in testing.

You can read more about the different types (Dunlop or Talalay) and blends (natural, synthetic, or a blend of the two) of latex in post #6 here.

Post #21 here also has a list of the online manufacturers that are members of this site and many of them also sell all latex mattresses in a wide range of designs.

Phoenix

Hey sorry it was really late when I wrote the first few messages so I am sure I was not making total since. Anyways haha I have had a chance to try some latex mattresses AND some innerspring mattresses and love them both a lot better than our current purchase that is killing my back. I have narrowed it down to “plush” innerspring pocketed coils. Then with the latex I have tried the “pure bliss” if I am getting that right and really liked the nature. BUT it was really too pricey. I have done massive amounts of testing and what not that was why I was wondering if now that I do actually know what I want… If there were good online companies (Brooklyn bedding, etc) that were recommended that didn’t take a chunk out of my wallet. Thank you and sorry for the confusion.

Hi Ket2593,

The link to the online manufacturers that are members of this site are in the tutorial post and in my last reply. Between them you have a wide range of customizable all latex mattresses available and there are some latex/innerspring mattresses there as well. They all compete well with the best in the industry.

You also have some very good quality/value options available locally where you can test a specific mattress in person for PPP.

Phoenix