High quality foam beds in the Greater Toronto Area for under 2k?

Hi there, I have been frequenting this site and doing research for about a month now. Started off by googling “what are the best beds in a box” to now going completely down the Rabbit hole.

From my research, I have come to believe that a high quality foam bed is probably my best bet at a long lasting bed that will give me support that I need for my chronic back injury.

I have also come to realize that there aren’t many options for a high quality foam bed from a trustworthy manufacturer. If was able to afford a $3-4000 bed, this would be much easier. I could purchase from Ideal here in Mississauga or MFC. But I do not and was hoping somebody may know of some other options in my area.

I have visited Ideal, their stuff was great and talking to their staff was an eye opener to how nice talking to an honest manufacturer can be, but the cheapest bed they manufacture in a king will be $2500 plus. I’ve contacted MFC and their stuff seems really great but their prices are a little too high as well. I am going to check out CBH Wood Furniture in Toronto today.

I understand I may be priced out of a high quality foam Mattress unless I find room in my budget to go higher, I’m hoping that is not the case. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Hi nmon,

Thank’s for getting in touch with us! We do have 2 KING size high density foam mattresses that are well under $2K

The 1st is the Cumulus memory foam mattress which is made of

• 2lb HD high compression foam base and edge support system
  • 2.5lb HR foam core
  • 5lb Breezzy Memory foam top
  • Bamboo Cover
  • 20 year warranty
    Price is $1599 taxes and shipping included with 2 free pillows (we can deduct $70 is you don’t want the free pillows)

The 2nd is the Presto Customizable Mattress made of

• 2lb HD core
  • 3 lb HR layer
  • 4.5 lb organic dunlop latex layer
  • 4 lb memory foam layer
  • Top zip Bamboo cover to access the loose layers and change the firmness of the mattress by rearranging them
  • 20 year warranty
    Price is $1695 taxes and shipping included with 2 free pillows (we can deduct $70 is you don’t want the free pillows)

I hope this helps you find the mattress that’s right for you.

All the best
Mario

Hi Mario, thanks for your quick response. I should have clarified in my post that I am not interested in memory foam for a couple different reasons.

But the presto custom is a different story. That looks much more what I am looking for. My issue is that I wont be able to try the Mattress if I purchase from you, what are my options if the mattress is not right for me once I receive it? Somebody from your company already informed me that I would be subject to a $79 shipping charge which isn’t bad but if the mattress needed further customization or exchange I would love to know what my options are.

And one last question, I originally by passed the Presto because I did not see all of the custom options lower on the page I just saw the one piece of foam at 6 inches and thought it was just a base.

So how thick will the mattress be if I went with the soft or medium options?

Thanks again

Hi nmon,

Many of our customers swap the memory foam layer for a HR or HD foam layer in the ILD you want. We can also swap it for an organic dunlop latex layer for a small surcharge.

Lately, more Canadian customers are contacting us to complain about the mattresses they purchased just a few years ago. They deplore the poor quality, the sleep issues and the deteriorating comfort of their new mattress. The surprising fact is, that most bought them from a store that had a 90 day trial period! Yet they remain unhappy with the choice they made.

Mattress stores in Canada understand the trial period approach and know that most customers will be happy with any new mattress, as it’s a significant improvement over an old, tired mattress. However the real comfort and support issues often appear after the 90 day trial period when the break in period is over, as the top layers start to deteriorate. At that point you are left with a mattress that is uncomfortable, and your only option is to shop for another mattress or add a topper and hope it will resolve your comfort issues

For this reason we have developed the PrestoBed which is a customizable mattress. The main advantage of this unique mattress, is that you can easily fine tune your support and firmness by simply rearranging the layers inside the mattress (from soft to firm). Please visit this page to understand how the mattress is built and how to rearrange the layers.

If your comfort or support needs change in the future (due to illness, accident, or personal reasons), you can simply rearrange the foam layers in your mattress (16 options available), or we can provide you with an extra layers (at cost for the 1st year) to make the mattress feel, just the way you like! Please note you also receive a free soft 2lb HD bonus layer with the Presto Classic, so that you can swap a firmer layer inside the mattress for even more firmness options.

The mattress is 10" in all the firmness options.

Did I answer all your question?
Please let me know if you need any further information.

All the Best!
Mario

Yes, if you can let me know, what the price looks like for the dunlop latex layer instead of the memory foam in the presto.

In all honesty, I will still go to my appointment with CBH today. But unless they wow me with product and pricing, I really like this Presto option and will probably go ahead with it.

Should I contact the same person I spoke with though email if I want to move ahead with this custom option?

Hi nmon,

It’s $89 to swap 4lb memory foam for soft organic dunlop latex.
Personally, I’d swap it for an HR foam in 20 or 30 ILD (no surcharge), which is softer and less supportive than latex. I sleep on the Presto and I prefer the feel of HR to latex to the latex as the top layer because it relieves pressure points better on hips and shoulders IMO .

Please let us know how your visit goes today

Best
Mario

Will do. Thank you very much for all of your help and all of the fine detailed info. Really helps me making my decision!

Hi Mario. I’ve PM’d you one last question before I am ready to order. How do I go about customizing after that? Do I email the same person I talked to through the site contact email?

Or do I just put it in the notes when I am purchasing online?

Hi nmon,

Please contact me on my email at [email protected]

regards

Mario, this pricing is far different than the website. I’m looking at a King Presto. Delivery to Parry Sound area, although I could arrange p/u at another location.
Thoughts?

Hi Bearcat_w,

I’m not sure what pricing you’re referring to? Our foam beds are as advertised here below, please click the links below (in blue) to go to our website and verify that information.

Can you please send me your postal code at [email protected] and I’ll verify if we can offer free shipping to your location.

The 1st is the Cumulus Memory Foam Mattress which is made of

• 2lb HD high compression foam base and edge support system
  • 2.5lb HR foam core
  • 5lb Breezzy Memory foam top
  • Bamboo Cover
  • 20 year warranty
    Price is $1599 taxes and shipping included with 2 free pillows (we can deduct $70 is you don’t want the free pillows)

The 2nd is the Presto Customizable Foam Mattress made of

• 2lb HD core 40 ILD
  • 3 lb HR layer 20 ILD
  • 4.5 lb organic dunlop latex layer 20 ILD
  • 4 lb memory foam layer 12 ILD
  • Top zip Bamboo cover to access the loose layers and change the firmness of the mattress by rearranging them
  • 20 year warranty
    Price is $1695 taxes and shipping included with 2 free pillows (we can deduct $70 is you don’t want the free pillows)

All the Best!

Mario

Thanks Mario. If you follow the links in your signature/profile info at the bottom of your posts you get:

$2895 for King!

Hi Bearcat_w,

This thread is about FOAM BEDS (polyurethane foam) , you’re referring to organic dunlop latex latex mattresses which are completely different.

Yes this is our Presto Organic Dunlop Mattress which cost more as it’s made with organic materials.

We have the best prices in Canada for organic dunlop latex mattresses, if you find a better pice we’ll gladly match it or beat it!

Please contact us through our contact us page if you want precisions on these mattresses.

All the Best!

Mario