How to look for and find the best mattress ... for YOU! ***READ FIRST***

Hi Just Right,

I don’t see an “I Choice” on the Denver mattress website. Do you have a link or the description of all the layers that are in it? Without knowing all the layers besides just the topper there’s no way to make any meaningful assessment of the mattress or compare it to any other mattress although I’m not aware of an “I Choice” that they make (unless its brand new but this certainly seems very pricey for a mattress with only 2" of latex if that’s what it is).

The Jamison Skipper uses all good quality materials and doesn’t have any obvious weak links in the mattress. The upper layers are all high quality Talalay latex and the base foam is high quality/density polyfoam as well. I also know tht jamison is open about the quality of the materials they use. This would certainly be better than average value compared to major brands (and you would also have the assurance of knowing that all the layers in the mattress are good quality with no lower quality of mystery materials).

Warranties have little meaning for me and I put more weight on the quality of the design and materials than the warranty (as you can see in post #174 here). I believe that the TLC collection may have an exclusion of 3/4" and a 1.5" exclusion is more typical of a mattress that has a quilted layer or fibers rather than a smooth top where you are sleeping directly on good quality specialty foam (like latex or memory foam) but I would check this to make sure (with Jamison if necessary). As you mentioned … the exclusion often says more than the warranty itself.

In any case … even though it may not be “best in the country” value … it is certainly better value than most of the mainstream brands which typically use lower quality materials and sell for more and you have the advantage of being able to test the mattress in person.

Phoenix