Hybrid Mattress Help or Topper

My husband and I are in the market to either replace our old mattress or purchase a topper.

We are currently sleeping on a 10+ year old Beautyrest and it is no longer cutting it. We both experience back pain, but his is more severe as he is a former college athlete with herniated disc issues.

He is primarily a stomach sleeper and I am a side/back sleeper. He is about 220 lbs and I am 115 lbs. I prefer a softer mattress. He hates the feeling of being stuck in memory foam. We are both also very hot sleepers.

We are interested in a hybrid mattress option or a topper. Do you have any recommendations? Thank you!

Hi. There’s a long list of trusted members on the main page. It depends if you live close enough to any of them to visit and test their mattresses. For example, if you’re close to NJ, Shovlin Mattress Factory makes a nice latex hybrid that can be either flippable or not. They also do innerspring mattresses that have many options. We just got their Classic Tri Zone and love it. When you visit smaller, local manufacturers who care more about your sleep than their marketing, you’ll find high quality mattresses that are much better than the mainstream stores.