If price were no object????

I need to replace a XL twin guestroom bed. I was seriously considering the OSO because of its flexibility to accommodate both firm and soft mattress lovers. I then got an offer from someone in the biz - a 50-70% discount on a mattress. I can’t divulge the dozens of brands but many of them have been mentioned on this site. So, the question is - are there any fantastic beds that aren’t more highly recommended because they are overpriced?

There will be all kinds of weights and sizes - it is a guestbed after all. And, I sleep in it when I am sick or during spring allergy season. I am a side sleeper, 200 lbs, and love a soft bed when I am sick. My bed is a TempFlow Harmonia which is great for dh and I because it is firm enough to allow us both to sleep comfortably. But I would like to go a bit softer for the guest bed. Yes, I remember PPP and all your other points, Phoenix! So I will try out suggestions - but just wanted to know about deluxe luxury offerings. And my next question - where in NYC can I try some of them out? I also want to try out both latex and latex/inner springs or coils or whatever. Can you recommend a store where I can actually climb on and try these? Thanks in advance.

Hi dpastor,

There’s a bit more about “ultra premium” (I.e., more expensive) mattresses in post #2 here and post #2 here and post #2 here. Most of them will have dealer locators located on their web sites. There are also some “super premium” mattresses that use innersprings and natural fibers in their construction … some of which can go well into mid 5 figures. These include manufacturers such as VI Springs … Hastens … Savoir … Relyon … and Hypnos.

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the New York City are listed in post #2 here. Some of these retailers offer mattresses in the “ultra premium” range that you asked about. I don’t normally list retailers who only offer very high priced items on these lists, as they don’t usually represent the best values, so you’ll have to perform specific searches for any of the “ultra premium” brands on the web sites I linked to previously.

Phoenix

Thanks, I’ll follow up - and as always, will report back. BTW, if this deal doesn’t work out - what do you think of the Oso? I figured that it had flexibility for both firm bed lovers and soft bed lovers.

Hi dpastor,

The OSO is a nice option for a guest room, as people can choose to spin the mattress one direction of the other (or spin themselves!) to allow the Dreamcells to be placed under their shoulder region (“softer setting”), or have the Deamcells under the legs (“firmer setting”). This allows your guest room to accommodate a larger number of comfort preferences. The quality of the foams used in the OSO would generally be suitable for all weight ranges, and as you’re aware, OSO is a member here of the site, which means that I think highly of them and their products.

I’ll be interested in learning what you ultimately decide to do, if anything.

Phoenix