Inaccurate In-Store Information on a Specific Mattress

Hello! I would be eternally grateful if an expert here would be able to verify the specifics of a mattress I am looking at buying, as there are 2 concerns I have after researching online a mattress that I tested in person. I recently went to a local mattress store and was given fantastic service. The guy was able to answer all of my questions about the specific layers of each mattress, analyze my sleeping position, and cater my mattress tests to my specific needs.

However, after going back online and researching the mattress I liked the most, I developed 2 concerns.

1. He told me the layers inside the comfort layer out-of-order to the specification sheet online (“Latex on top, and then memory foam”). Double-checking online, it was memory foam on top and then latex. He certainly could have misspoke, but this gives me pause on buying the mattress.

2. The queen was quoted at $2300 and the King was quoted at $2800. Online however it is being quoted about $1,000 cheaper.

The specific mattress was the Beckford II Plush EuroTop by EnglanderQueen.

Specifics that I was told about the mattress:
Comfort Layer: 1" memory foam, 4 lb/sqft; 1" Latex
Main Core: “Edge-to-Edge” Coil

Any insight into the quality of this mattress would be amazing. Thank you for the help.

@EngineeredSleep
@Sleep_EZ
@DLX

Unfortunately, we wouldn’t be able to verify the materials used in the mattress. It’s possible that different Englander manufacturing facilities might use varying layerings even within the same model. The model requires core components listed such as the polar touch fabric, copper memory foam, etc. To find out more, you could revisit the store, look at the white law tag on the mattress, identify which Englander facility manufactured it, and then contact that factory for specifications.

It’s unclear why there might be differences, such as the use of more latex in one version. However, I highly recommend reaching out to Englander directly as they can provide more accurate answers than us attempting to speculate.

1 Like

Hi! I agree with DLX. Englander may have to answer this one! There is not a ton of info on their website and they have about 14 different facilities making their mattresses.

One note: It would make a lot more sense for the Memory Foam to be on top (from a build standpoint). So, I would side with the website on that one vs the rep.

Let us know if we can help with any other questions.

1 Like

Cool touch fabric is a joke, it’s only cool for about 3 minutes and then heats right up. Copper has no healing properties if it’s not skin to skin so that’s a joke as well. Copper will also pull moisture away from the foam and cause it to dry out and crumble prematurely. Seen it for myself.

1 Like

Let’s see if I can be a little more diplomatic, LOL.

While I’m not typically one to endorse mattress gimmicks such as the purple grids, copper, graphite, CBD and other so called infusions, and other cooling fabrics, I do acknowledge that there might be some scientific merit somewhere to their properties.

However, it’s important to note that their practical benefits are often unrelated to their application in mattresses.

The truth is, when it comes to cooling, air conditioning remains the most effective solution; along with a couple of specially designed forced cool liquid; cool air projecting mechanisms, and similar apparatus integrated into toppers or full mattress options.

There may be fabrics that might assist in drawing heat away from the body and temporarily retaining the ambient room cool air, as Ken so eloquently mentioned.

Nevertheless, for mattress construction, the emphasis should be on utilizing materials and designs that enhance airflow and allow an method for warm air to dissipate.

The copper drawing moisture away from foam issue is very telling, I wonder if that would be true for all minerals and infusions that some mattress/marketing companies use that might draw moisture away from the foam. @Arizona_Premium would you say that would be true?