Independant mattress manufacturer

Hi shakenbake,

As far as local manufacturers in your area … there is one that I know of and like and that may give you the best of both worlds … the ability to test a mattress in person and good value.

They are http://www.jamestownmattress.com/ They have 2 outlets within about 50 miles of you. I have talked with them on several occasions and regard them highly and also like that they make a wide range of mattresses with very good value.

This is a question that I can’t answer for any other person because it depends on all the many subjective and objective factors in each person’s personal “value equation”. While I can speak to the quality, service, and value of every manufacturer you mentioned and I think highly of all of them, I also know that each person is unique in terms of the needs and preferences that are important to them, in the level of risk they are willing to take, the amount of research and involvement in the design of their mattress that they are comfortable with, and with the cost of shipping and the ease and costs of any adjustments after purchase that may be necessary.

The last part of post #12 and post #16 in the same thread include more of my thoughts about making online purchases and the many choices and tradeoffs that are involved.

I will also suggest that if you are considering a purchase from a distant manufacturer online or on the phone … that nothing can replace talking to each manufacturer you are considering for long enough that all your questions are answered (including information that you may not know to ask about but that they know would be important).

Hope this helps

Phoenix