latex! best value with a low budget

Hi jlc110689,

Realistically your budget is a little on the low side for an all latex mattress that would fit your budget and body type outside of some of the thinner versions with less latex (which may not work as well for you with your heavier body type) or perhaps Dunlop with a higher percentage of synthetic latex. You are in the budget range of a latex hybrid though that includes latex comfort layers over a polyfoam (or perhaps an innerspring) support core which may be well worth considering. The tutorial post has a list of the members here which sell latex or latex hybrid mattresses online and if you are comfortable with an online purchase it may be well worth looking at their websites and talking with the ones that meet your criteria.

You can see my thoughts about the “fake sales” that are so common in the industry and that only change versions and never really end in post #5 here. Better retailers and manufacturers have good value available every day of the year.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Wichita area are listed in post #2 here and the post it links to.

Brand comparisons are mostly meaningless because outside of testing a mattress for PPP … a mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of the materials inside it and all manufacturers draw from a common pool of material suppliers and have a range of lower and higher quality mattresses. I would also tend to avoid most of the largest brands you would recognize anyway.

The tutorial post also has a link to more information about the pros and cons of buying locally vs online (in the optional step about buying online) but regardless of which direction you choose it’s always a good idea to do some local testing as a reference point to get a better sense of the types or mattresses and materials you tend to do best with and prefer.

Phoenix