Latex Mattress Fans: Share Your Recommendations!

Thinking about switching to a latex bed mattresses, but feeling overwhelmed by all the options? This thread is for you! If you’ve made the leap to latex, I’d love to hear your insights:

Sweet Dreams on Latex: What are your favorite things about sleeping on a latex mattress? Has it helped with back pain or sleep quality?

Brand Champions: Any particular latex mattress brands you’d recommend (or avoid)? Why?

Comfort & Choice: There are different types of latex . Did a specific type work best for you?

Durability & Price: Latex mattresses tend to be an investment. How’s yours holding up? Do you feel the price was justified by the quality?

Insider Tips: Any advice for those considering a latex mattress? What questions should we be asking before we buy?

I’m particularly interested in latex mattresses for side sleepers. Do they offer good pressure relief for shoulders and hips?

Share your latex mattress experiences and help a fellow comfort seeker out!

@TheCleanBedroom
@Sleep_EZ
@Arizona_Premium
@CozyPure
@FloBeds
@CST

Hello Jack, and welcome here to the Mattress Underground,

You are asking some excellent questions.

I can give you my perspective as a 17-year employee(admin assistant) of a company that has sold latex mattresses from several companies and as the owner of two latex mattresses in my home. I’ve been using latex myself for 3.5 years.

My answers are italicized

Sweet Dreams on Latex: What are your favorite things about sleeping on a latex mattress? Has it helped with back pain or sleep quality?

*Latex is more welcoming. I’ve heard it compared like this: with latex you are sleeping in the mattress rather than on the mattress. With latex, you don’t feel like memory foam, but latex conforms to and supports your body.

I don’t have back pain and I’ve always slept well. My husband has a bad back and has the firmest latex on his side and likes it. When we are on vacation, we always look forward to returning home to our own bed. I sleep well every night. It is extremely comfortable.

I also love that we could switch out layers for the right firmness.

Motion transfer is almost non-existent. If we need to get up in the night, we don’t disturb each other. It’s a quiet and calm bed.*

Brand Champions: Are there any particular latex mattress brands you’d recommend (or avoid)? Why? *We choose our brands carefully, so we recommend the ones we sell. For a high-end, customizable and luxurious brand, we have Obasan. Another selection Healthy Choice is a nice option (they are part of our family of companies) and their price point is slightly lower than the Obasan. Both Obasan and Healthy Choice offer custom firmness, high-quality materials, and the option to switch out the latex layers.

The Naturally Organic Hudson line is not as customizable but has good-quality materials. You can use it with or without a topper, so I have this in our guest room so that we can switch it out depending on how firm our guests want it.

Comfort & Choice: There are different types of latex . Did specific type work best for you?
We use all certified organic latex in the Obasan, Healthy Choice, and Naturally Organic latex mattresses. Be careful of blended or synthetic latex. Mattress Underground recommends, and we do too, work with a company that is transparent about their materials.

Durability & Price: Latex mattresses tend to be an investment. How is your mattress holding up? Do you feel the price was justified by the quality?
*The lines I mentioned are at a variety of price points. Look for a sale, for sure! Most stores run them periodically, especially now with Earth Day approaching. Memorial Day is a good time for sales, also.

Regarding our personal mattress, I believe it was well worth the investment. It still sleeps like new after 3.5 years. With a 20-year warranty, the cost per year is affordable. And we sleep well, which is essential for good health.
Insider Tips: Any advice for those considering a latex mattress? What questions should we be asking before we buy?
I’m going to link you to our Latex FAQ’s here as I think those might be of interest to you. Buy from a trusted member, a reputable company that stands behind their products. Read reviews. See what their policy is about switching layers if it is a customizable bed.

I’m particularly interested in latex mattresses for side sleepers. Do they offer good pressure relief for shoulders and hips?
*I am a side to back sleeper who sometimes has hip pain. Pillow between the knees helps. If you work with a knowledgeable sales person, they can help determine the best setup to alleviate hip pain - your preferences and body composition will determine your individual needs. Sometimes you may need more support in that area, sometimes more cushioning - it depends. A zoned mattress may help with the shoulder issue, as you can design the mattress to provide more cushion in the shoulder area.

I invite you to reach out via chat or the phone number on our site. We assist many customers by phone (and of course, in person). We are here to help!
-Katie

1 Like

@JackCorbin

You’ll receive more consumer feedback if you post in Discussions instead of Ask the Experts.
I’m a consumer who has moved from 100% latex to Hybrid with no latex.