Latex Mattress topper question

We have been looking at the latex mattress’ at Jamestown Mattress as they have been recommended on here before. When we went to test the heavenly cloud latex mattress, we noticed the top of the mattress is 2" of polyfoam. We are concerned about the longevity of this foam/it being the first part of the mattress to sag and have dips from our bodies. Is it worth/advisable asking for a custom mattress that does not include that top polyfoam layer? They also had a euro top version where you can remove the top layer with a zipper- would it be advisable to just remove that top layer and ask to have the top layer be latex as well? We want latex for it’s longevity but don’t want the first part of the mattress to fail to be that top part! Hope that all makes sense, any recommendations are very much appreciated!

Hi jpete023 and welcome to the forums and thanks for reaching out! Have you checked with them to see if it’s even an option? The foam might be quilted within the stretch cover and might not be removable or customizable. Aside from that, though, latex normally breathes better, lasts longer, and has less chemicals than polyfoam. However, I would try to get more information on their warranty, and whether it covers body impressions, what the costs are for a replacement, how big of a body impression it requires, what things might void the warranty, etc. Once you have that information, you can make a more informed decision as to whether it’s worth the extra costs associated. Lastly, I would do a deep / thorough search into the MUG forums for those particular mattresses, and I would do some searching on Reddit and Google as well, just to get unbiased reviews and honest feedback on the longevity and feel of the foam, for sure. Please also keep in mind that, even though other people might have one experience or another, and might have one opinion or another, you still need to do your best to do your own research and make the best decision according to your own specific needs, preferences, and price point.