Latex near Fort Meyers area?

I’d really like to try out a latex mattress, but the only mattress stores I find in the area sell only the standard big-box stuff like tempurpedic, sealy, etc. Anyone know of a showroom in the area with latex options? My zip code is 33935.

Hi bansheebeat,
Having just returned from Estero and Venice on vacation, City Mattress carries a brand called Prana Sleep Mattresses. They have several models that are Latex based matttresses.

I would check with them and see if you can at least sample a few of the latex mattresses to determine if the feel is something you will like.

Keep in mind, that many of our Trusted Members are expert latex mattress providers. @Arizona_Premium @Sleep_EZ @CozyPure @My_Green_Mattress @TheCleanBedroom, @FloBeds and @CST all sell and ship nationwide latex mattresses.

These follks are truly pros and analyzing body profiles and collaborating with folks to ensure success rates above 90% of the time. So if you try a latex mattress and like the unique feel it provides, you can circle back with what you have discovered and query the TM’s for what might be a perfect match.

Good luck, I hope you find something comfortable

Maverick.

1 Like

We sell a number of mattresses in Florida, although we do not have a showroom there. Our four staff members have over 100 years combined experience in the mattress business. We have several latex options, and they are happy to talk with you by phone if you call our main number.
Katie

2 Likes

Thanks for that Maverick. Will definitely make the hour drive there tomorrow to try out some of those pranasleep mattresses to see if I like latex before I commit to buying one online from one of the TMs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

In that neck of the woods it is an hour drive just to get out of the development. LOL

1 Like

Ha! I know right? I actually live in a rural area outside LaBelle, so Fort Meyers is the closest big city to me. I moved here from Miami and was so glad to get out of there… so much traffic! And now I hate going to Fort Meyers b/c it’s become even worse than Miami! The congestion is crazy. I love living in a small town now. So peaceful haha.

1 Like

I drove down to City Mattress on Sunday and tried all their PranaSleep mattresses but I ended up falling in love with an Aireloom Luxetop. Absolute heaven! It had that plush cloud-like feel that I love, yet my low back still felt supported. The aireloom pillows are also fantastic! Only problem: it’s $6,000. Twice the amount I expected to pay for a new mattress haha.

I felt my hips sank in too much on the Prana beds so I felt pain in my low back, but still felt pressure on my shoulders. The Aireloom luxetop was the only bed that alleviated both my shoulder area and my lumbar/hip area, which I was starting to think was impossible.

My plan was to get a feel for Latex and then order from a TM, but that seems too risky. Not all latex beds feel the same obviously. I saw a thread where someone loved aireloom but ended up with a Flobed vzone and loved it. The flobed is half the price, so I’m tempted… but again, it’s a gamble. It just sucks that Aireloom is a big brand. I was hoping to get something from a TM since they’re transparent about materials and their stuff is built to last. Flobed vzone and CozyPure were at the top of my list b/c I’ve heard such great things about them on this forum. I love how you can swap out layers and customize them however you want. But the safe bet is to just shell out the extra 3 grand for a bed I actually tested and loved.

Hey there bansheebeat,

I prefer not to provide extensive criticism on public forums. However, I do believe that perimeter foam encased coils can be a weak point in mattresses that incorporate this type of edge support. If you’re interested, you can watch a review of different edge support types by one of our trusted members [here]. Personally, I opted out of purchasing an Aireloom mattress solely because of this reason, despite otherwise loving its features. The model we considered was their firmest one.

One mattress that I find appealing, albeit not as luxurious, is the DLX Premier Hybrid. I bought this for my mother-in-law, and it offers a similar feel to the Aireloom but lacks some of the natural fibers. While Aireloom boasts superior materials with its natural fibers, the DLX is a high quality mattress in its own right, priced at a third of the cost, competes well in terms of feel, durability, and comfort. Most might not even discern the difference when comparing sleeping on each.

What sets the DLX apart is its customizable comfort layers, allowing for personalized comfort adjustments.

If you’re interested in exploring the DLX further, feel free to message @DLX with any questions or give them a call.

Moreover, I recommend checking out @TheCleanBedroom, as they offer mattresses that rival, if not surpass, the Aireloom. In fact, they’ve recently introduced the Aireloom line into their showroom along side of their other luxury mattresses they offer, including the Aireloom Plush.

It’s possible that they may not share my concerns about perimeter foam edge support, which is understandable, as it’s based on my personal experience. Perhaps @TheCleanBedroom could provide a version without this construction or offer an alternative mattress that aligns better with your preferences. Their perspective may differ from mine.

While the perimeter edge was a deal-breaker for me, many mattresses incorporate this feature, which appeals to those who frequently sit on the edge of the bed.

I’m glad you had the chance to explore mattresses in your area in Southwest Florida. If you’ve ever dined at Cooper Hawk Winery and Restaurant in Naples, we might have crossed paths during my semi-annual trips to the area. If you haven’t been, it’s a lovely dinner spot worth trying.

Best of luck with your mattress search, whatever direction you choose to take!

Maverick

Hey Maverick, thanks for that great reply.

To clarify, are you saying that the perimeter edge lowers the durability?

I think I saw you mention this in another post and it was a deal breaker b/c you sleep on the edge. I, however, have a queen size bed all to myself, so I don’t have to sleep on the edge, so maybe aireloom will still work fine for me. The one you linked on thecleanbedroom is the exact one I liked. The Luxetop M2 plush. It was by far the softest. What blew me away was the fact it was so soft and yet I still felt supported in my hips and lumbar, which I didn’t think was possible. I slept in it on my side for a long time and never felt discomfort in that area. It was my idea of Heaven and my perfect mattress. I LOVE to feel like I’m on a cloud, but usually that means lower back pain… so this was a match made in heaven… at least in the store it was… there’s still the gamble of bringing it home and sleeping several nights with it. My opinion could change.

Thank you for informing me of cheaper alternatives. They all look great. I just wish I could try them out. I’ve returned mattresses before and it’s such a hassle and would like to avoid it (especially since now I have stairs to deal with). And I just don’t know if these other mattresses can really compare to the plush Luxetop and its perfect combo of super plush yet somehow still supportive. The luxetop’s quilt and comfort layer is so complex, so it’s hard to imagine other mattresses feeling similar. You also said you liked the firm aireloom, so I assume you’re comparing others based on that and not the plush luxetop.

Out of curiosity though, which mattresses on TheCleanBedroom’s website do you think rival the Aireloom?

P.S. I have not been to Naples actually, but will make a note of the restaurant. Thanks! In Fort Meyer’s there’s a korean steakhouse called Ember and it’s phenomenal. Check it out if you’re ever in the area.

If you had a chance to check out the video from our Trusted Member, Mattress Makers, which I inadvertently forgot to share, you’ll see their in-depth coverage on various edge support types. Here’s the link to the video on Edge Support Types. I find myself aligning with their perspective on edge support, though it’s important to note that this doesn’t necessarily make my viewpoint the absolute right or wrong one; it’s simply my interpretation.

Many individuals, especially older ones, often utilize the edge of the bed akin to a chair. The concept of perimeter edge foam employs high-density foam to reinforce the mattress’s perimeter, giving it a more structured appearance.

Sitting on the edge of the mattress may indeed feel more supported due to this high-density edge foam. However, a drawback arises when repeated use causes the foam to break down, exacerbating the issue. Moreover, the thickness of the edge foam, typically around 3-5 inches, can significantly reduce the effective sleeping surface of the mattress, akin to transforming a king into a queen size.

It’s important to note that while the sensation of less support may seem evident when sitting on the edge of an edge-to-edge coil mattress, it’s not necessarily the case. When you sit on a small group of pocketed coils, you might experience some sinking because your entire body weight is concentrated on a small area of coils. However, when you lie down and distribute your weight over a wider area of coils, the support is substantial.

Some argue that the edge foam is complemented by the mattress cover, yet for those like myself who prefer sleeping near the edge, this setup may lead to discomfort. Half my body sleeps on the HD foam encasement, while the other half sleeps on the primary spring supported surface. This is something I once again experienced at my brother’s home in Estero a couple of weeks ago, while on vacation. His BeautyRest PressureSmart, left both my wife and I in pain until we returned home to our mattress for a couple of good night’s sleep.

For these reasons, among others, I’m not particularly fond of perimeter foam encasement.

Regarding durability, while it might not be immediately evident, I believe edge-to-edge coils will likely outlast perimeter foam encased coils in the long run. This is a consideration that might not always be highlighted by salespersons aiming to “sell” a mattress.

When it comes to mattresses that compete with Aireloom at @TheCleanBedroom, with its proprietary Naturally Organic line, RoyalPedic, and Vispring are just a few brands that stand toe to toe with Aireloom in terms of quality and craftsmanship.

I will add, this is not a reason where you should make your final decision, just another perspective on what you search for when purchasing a mattress.

Hope this helps,

Maverick

Hi again bansheebeat,

You’ve done your homework here! It sounds like you like a plush top with support underneath.

A few things come to mind and a couple of models may work for you. Both have swap layer programs and are made of quality materials:

1. Naturepedic EOS pillowtop - this is latex over coils, your choice of five different configurations, each with a different firmness level.

2. Obasan Deluxe - this mattress can be configured in the middle layers and comes with a plush latex and wool topper.

3. Aireloom M2 Plush - this is the one you mentioned

If you call our main number, which you’ll see at the top left of our website, just under the sale banner, a staff member could help you find a mattress that meets your needs. You’ve done the homework, and the staff is used to working with people on the phone and is experienced with matching people and mattresses.

Finally, thank you for your intent to purchase from a Trusted Member. We are a small business, and your trust in us means a lot to us!
Katie

1 Like

Banshee,

Aireloom is amazing and hard to replicate. Search “Aireloom mattress reviews” on youtube. Call Richard. He can save you a lot of money. He ships nationwide.

I wouldnt waste time trying to replicate Aireloom. You cant replicate it. When you know a mattress is right,…you know. Get the Aireloom. Quick tip: dont buy an Aireloom at Macys due to lower quality. Money spent on a great mattress is a good investment. Invest in yourself.

John